CC Please... Getting there?

Lynnzora

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
OK I usually don't put any more than 5 but this time I did six. :p. Let me know what you think folks. :) and any suggestions. Thanks so much if you left feedback on my other pictures too. I'm learning a lot!
squirrel.jpg

nature2.jpg

sqirrel1.jpg

nature3.jpg

squirrel2.jpg

nature4-1.jpg

Thanks again!

Last edited:
The greens are way oversaturated in these images.

Were you using flash? The squirrel has red eye.

Sorry, none of these do anything for me.

The greens look off, try editing them to be less intense. All of your shots have excelent composition.

#1: Nice shot, the tree kind of ruins it though...if you zoomed more on the squirrel or cropped so it was just the squirrel it would definatly help. (if you dont have a bigger zoom, think about getting one)

#2 could use some increase in shadows and contrast.

#3 Try turning off the flash or diffuse it. basicly just Increase the shadows (if you were indoors you could bounce it off the ceileing (if you have an external flash) dont try bouncing the flash off the sky, it doesnt work to well :p) Oh, and use a red eye fix on the squirrel.

#4 Perfect other than the grass. Maybe its the normal color of the grass, it just doesnt look right to me

#5 Remove the squirrels red eye

#6 If the person wasnt wearing a jersey (if he had just some jeans and a regular ol t shirt or a suit or something youd wear on a hike(something basic and simple)) and didnt have the stroller it would be something id put on my wall. It would also be worthy of my wall if the person wasnt there at all. (I personaly dont like people in my photographs)

Alll these photos are pretty good. You obviously have an eye for photos or know of the rule of thirds (if not google: Rule of Thirds)

If you want to continue with photography, you are definatly going to want to invest in another lens. Like an 80-200mm or 70-300mm. Something with more zoom than you kit lens. 200-300mm is good enough for anything youll be shooting in the near future. Since you like shooting people, a 35-100 or something close to that is a good choice.

Or you can get a 2x Teleconverter which doubles your lenses focal length. (so youll get a 36-110mm lens) A teleconverter is a good thing to have. It can save you quite a bit if you dont want to buy a new lens.

I am going to have to agree that something is up with the colors in these shots. They look way over processed to me. Probably something you did either in raw conversion or post processing.

You guys are all right. I think it's something I did photoshop afterwards. I said "oooh look at the perdy green..." I guess a little overkill now that I look at it again.

The greens look off, try editing them to be less intense. All of your shots have excelent composition.

#1: Nice shot, the tree kind of ruins it though...if you zoomed more on the squirrel or cropped so it was just the squirrel it would definatly help. (if you dont have a bigger zoom, think about getting one)

#2 could use some increase in shadows and contrast.

#3 Try turning off the flash or diffuse it. basicly just Increase the shadows (if you were indoors you could bounce it off the ceileing (if you have an external flash) dont try bouncing the flash off the sky, it doesnt work to well :p) Oh, and use a red eye fix on the squirrel.

#4 Perfect other than the grass. Maybe its the normal color of the grass, it just doesnt look right to me

#5 Remove the squirrels red eye

#6 If the person wasnt wearing a jersey (if he had just some jeans and a regular ol t shirt or a suit or something youd wear on a hike(something basic and simple)) and didnt have the stroller it would be something id put on my wall. It would also be worthy of my wall if the person wasnt there at all. (I personaly dont like people in my photographs)

Alll these photos are pretty good. You obviously have an eye for photos or know of the rule of thirds (if not google: Rule of Thirds)

If you want to continue with photography, you are definatly going to want to invest in another lens. Like an 80-200mm or 70-300mm. Something with more zoom than you kit lens. 200-300mm is good enough for anything youll be shooting in the near future. Since you like shooting people, a 35-100 or something close to that is a good choice.

Or you can get a 2x Teleconverter which doubles your lenses focal length. (so youll get a 36-110mm lens) A teleconverter is a good thing to have. It can save you quite a bit if you dont want to buy a new lens.

Oh cool, I wasn't expecting a critique on all of them but I definitely appreciate it. I will be continuing in photography. I difinitely need a better lens and photo shop practice. I have the 50mm 1.4 on order right now for portraits. I'll look into the ones you listed 80-200 or 70-300 next for shots like this. Thanks :)

I actually like #1. Even the "green" grass. :) The little squirrel pose is cool as well.

Cool thanks. I was trying to get closer but couldn't with my little kit lens. I definitely need to invest in a zoom! If I had one I could've even actually gotten this picture lol

nature5.jpg

Humm... All helpful feed back guys! Thanks.

DEVIL SQUIRREL!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Must be that one from Christmas Vacation.

I think I mentioned to you earlier today... on-board flash=bad.

Try to keep in mind what you want the subject to be and why it is interesting to you. Keep in mind that sometimes things that look interesting to your eye are that way because there is a LOT around you that makes them interesting... including subtle things like the temperature of the air and the sounds around you... none of which are captured by a simple photo. You have to try to figure out what the photo needs to include to capture an emotion or a feeling. If you can't, then while the subject may be interesting within the space of the world around you, it will likely be flat and uninteresting when viewed as a simple flat image.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back