CC Please...

Photos de l'amour

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I would like some CC on these please. They were taken with my old P&S on auto. I took them before I knew about all the different settings and what they meant. I now have a Nikon d5000 and am practicing on some friends but was wondering what you thought about these.
I have done some editing on them...let me know if I should do more.

-Boudoir40PP.jpg

-Boudoir93.jpg

-Boudoir43PP.jpg

Here is another one. I know they are dark, I didn't know too much when I took them. Thanks

Last edited:
Just posting again.....I am not sure if this went through. It isn't showing up in the new posts. Sorry if it was already there, I'm new here. :oops:

I'm not sure if it's the mood you went for but the pictures seem rather dark. While I like the second picture, I don't like the first one that much. The fact that she is looking down and laying down gives me the perception that she fell asleep.

My honest reaction is just "hey, nice looking girl" and that's about it. They're candid, softly lit, not bad photos... just not really sure what you're trying to show with them.

I'd like to give more feedback but..
Well, I like the first one more.

I'm not sure if it's the mood you went for but the pictures seem rather dark. While I like the second picture, I don't like the first one that much. The fact that she is looking down and laying down gives me the perception that she fell asleep.

I see almost the same expression on pics 1&2, and a similar expression on 3?

It's like, "oh, what a pretty girl!" but then i got bored

She's very attractive, but she looks like she is asleep. Doesn't do much for me other than it's a girl in her underwear.

Just for that it gets 5/10 bananas. :greenpbl:

You say you have meanwhile learned a lot more about the settings of your camera, and light and all that, so why do you show us some of your first test photos from a time when you still didn't really know what you were doing?

The first set is just "too dark", it is not even atmospheric, only "too dark".
The second version is a lot better, lightwise.
But unfortunately, they still don't "speak". There is no "bond" between subject and viewer. The subject is pretty, has lovely hair - but apparently wants nothing to do with "us". Which is a pity, as I am sure she has lovely eyes, too! Not only extensively made-up lids.

Please post what camera you used (make, model etc. including shutter speeds, aperture, ISO etc.). This will make it a lot easier for us to help you.

Secondly, I'd rather try to start working with the D5000 than trying to understand the results of the P&S that you may not use anymore from this point on for shoots like this one.

I like the second shot. A bit too much negative space on the top but nice capture.

I think the same to what everyone else has mentioned.

The thing to add for me is that out of 3 photos... no eyes at all. At least give us one with the models attention to the photographer.

I mean the problem with shooting gorgeous girls is that the male viewer basis will all *like* the photos. The thing is though you really have to make the picture composition, exposure, etc. AMAZING to shine *through* the girls beauty to get noticed. IMO

I see what you all mean....I haven't had a chance to shoot yet. I have a gal coming in a couple weeks. So I thought I would get feedback on some shots I had taken before.
Actually, these are me....I took them for hubby with my old P&S and the 30 sec timer. Very difficult to get in front of the camera without seeing what I am doing, lol.
So basically I guess I was wondering about the shots, poses that kind of thing. I didn't post any looking at the camera cuz a lot of the others I don't want to show, lol.

Thanks anyway guys. Maybe I will my friend won't mind me showing hers once they are done.

Most reactions

Back