CC Request

jjphotos

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Was doing some Tai Chi with swords incorporated and decided to try something out while outside. Looking for critique! Not sure if this works or not... trying to evoke a fantasy theme feeling I guess (despite the jeans lol)?

I included a quick edit with increased saturation so it doesn't look as dead. But I also kinda liked the feel of the "dead" look.

3. (tighter crop; perhaps works better?)

4. (Full pic)

Last edited:
I like the lighting and the pose, and cropping the jeans out is a good idea. I feel that the loose crop does a better job evoking a fantasy feel than the tight crop does. I think the sword is too obscured by the grass. Had you not mentioned swords were involved, I wouldn't have guessed it was a sword.

I agree with Dan and John.

Mask off the jeans and then sample the color of the top and paint it on the jeans and then you'd never know.

This is really tough.
I like the image and the idea behind it, but i dont like the crop. I would like see the whole person with more background. Then i could dream more about the scene itself. In my opinion there is information missing with the crop. Next time give me more information (more background) so i can make an better impression, as viewer.

Most reactions

Back