CC welcome

nabero

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm posting this photo here because I don't want to attract any negative attention by putting it in the "serious" galleries.
l02cdfd1573d186d530c3fdgx8.jpg

I took this with a "single use" p&s, so I know there isn't much to critique, but I was hoping I could get some critique on the way I set it up. I was trying to toy with the lines of the wall in the foreground and the one around the pond, and the sharp looking angle of the pond-wall.

I tried a similar kind of shot here too...

n12301135307670173851yh9.jpg

I'm just not sure what to make of them...and how to make them better (as they are I don't think they're effective).

I'd love some perspective (he he...get it? ;))

Cheers!

While the first sports a couple of lovely colours (says LaFoto :greenpbl: :mrgreen: ), I do miss the corner of that wall in the foreground, that is: assuming there WAS a corner. And in the way this photo is set up I somehow expect there to be a corner, though upon a closer look there might as well not have been one.

However, I feel that if you wanted to play with the lines of those walls, also the one around the pond, you should have given them more prominence by maybe choosing a lower POV.

Lower POV would have meant: more sky in the pic. That sky, however, wasn't exactly one of the nicest, since it looks quite hazy and you'd have lost anything of sharp and colourful value :scratch:

So maybe a climb up on the wall that now makes the foreground to get a HIGHER POV? Hmmm-hmmm-hmmm... I really don't know.

Someone else has more ideas?

Thank you for giving me something to work with! :hug:: I kind of assumed everyone would ignore this post for some reason...so, thank you!

I did actually crop some of the sky out...like you said...it was just kind of a hazy mess.

I'll definitely play with squatting down/standing on things to get different points of view next time to come up with something better....er....i HOPE something better! It's all a learning thing :wink:

Cheers!

I wanted to reply but Im not a good critique of photos

My comments consist only of:

Awesome!!!
Or
Not so much!!!

I'm posting this photo here because I don't want to attract any negative attention by putting it in the "serious" galleries.
Hi Nabero - no one is going to give you a hard time for posting your shots in the other Galleries - where is it clearly stated that general critique is welcome in them! :)

Please, don't feel shy and relegate your images to just this forum when clearly, by your willingness to show your images and asking for help, you are here to learn. We've all been there.

Enjoy the forum!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back