CCD cleaning

Just be careful about it. It's not hard to clean your sensor.

What camera you has, and you do some cleaning without service ?

Thanks!

I see the dust on CCD. I don't have any cleaning solution now. What you think, is possible for me to touch the dust with a micro fiber cloth ? Only to touch (without fingers), to help the air pump. Is a problem ?

Remember that you might also be putting more dust onto the sensor by doing that.

What I do for a 'dry' cleaning...is to use a bulb/rocket blower...activate cleaning mode and turn the camera so it's facing down (so no dust falls in). Then I use the blower to loosen any dust.

The whole point it to get rid of the dust, but also...not to let any more dust get in. So I would probably not use a cloth, for that reason.

I try the rocket blower, I see 3-4 dust and not leave the sensor with air :(

I get the camera one month ago, is normal to see dust after one month ? I don't really change the lense, because I have a single KIT lens, not more.

I get the camera one month ago, is normal to see dust after one month ? I don't really change the lense, because I have a single KIT lens, not more
Anytime you look for it, you will find dust. For the most part, I don't worry too much about it...and I change lenses all the time.

I get this products:

Brushoff:
brushoff.jpg

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Specially designed to neutralize the static charge on a CCD/CMOS sensor and pull the particles from the surface to the brush.

Eclipse E2:
eclipsee2sm.jpg

Swab Type 2:
ssicon2.jpg

What you thik the brushoff is a good item ? I need to receive this items in 4-5 days.

Big Mike I want to build a box like a light tent to clean the CCD. The dust fall on white material. Is a good idea? and the box inside remain pretty dust free.
[/FONT]

I get the camera one month ago, is normal to see dust after one month ? I don't really change the lense, because I have a single KIT lens, not more.

It could be normal to see dust after 1 day, if the sensor is exposed at the right time and right place where the dust is. Dust shouldn't develop over time.

However, you did mention it is still new. Check your warrentee, if you grabbed the extended store warrentee, dust may be covered. I got suckered into the 3 year store warrentee and it covers dust removal.

It's such a new camera, I would hate to hear something go wrong in the cleaning process.

If you do decided to clean it yourself, these post have been spot on. But do pay attention to the post about putting the camera into cleaning mode. I have heard some horror stories of people not able to locate that function the Menu, and used the 30 second shutter instead. Besides the obvious risks here, the sensor is charged while its getting cleaned.

Check your warrentee, or swab the sensor. But if you are still not sure, and its not covered. Consider sending it in for a professional cleaning.

I have the mirror lock-up option and sensor cleaning mode work.

I need to travel much to send the camera back to nikon (much money and time) and I think the brushoff method for fresh dust is really safe.

The wet cleaning Eclipse E2 remove only the dust or any other liquid?

ciudat2ia0.jpg

I don't know what the hell is the circle. A liquid ? Please help me with any idea!

My sensor is cleaned! I do this with Eclipse E2 !! finally.. is not hard to clean the sensor :)

But I have another problem :( I have a focus screen, the upper screen with 3 square. I try to remove a welded dust with Micro fibre clotch on focus screen and NOW I see a black thing like a hair.. I don't know how to remove this.. What you think is a bit scratched?

Big Mike any idea?

Thanks!

Most reactions

Back