cd problem

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by mentos_007, Jul 18, 2006.

1. mentos_007

mentos_007 The Freshmaker!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hi! I am making a webside for a fellow photog. He gave me a whole bunch of cds with his photographs but he is not a pc expert and burned the cds in a weird way... he burned one folder (for example "mammals"), then thenext one (let's say "birds") and then the next one. the cd info say that there are about 650 MB which is exactly the amount of those 3 folders. but somehow i can see only the last one burned. the cd looks as if there were 3 folders but I see only one.. how can I recover the data in the other ones? Any ideaS?

2. whardman

whardman TPF Noob!

If he burned one folder then later burned another then you may not be able to read it. Not all CD drives can read cd's that have been burned multiple times. It is likely that you would need a CD burner to be able to read the other folders.

3. Xmetal

Xmetal TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Another factor might be that the CD's aren't 'closed' from the previous session.

4. mentos_007

mentos_007 The Freshmaker!

Photos OK to edit
    ok.. thanks guys... I solved it... I used IsoBuster - a program that helped me a lot :D:D

5. captblue1

captblue1 TPF Noob!

he may have burned it wrong. instead of adding to the cd, he may have overwritten it. which if it is only a cd-r means that it just removes the pointers from the first file. which means it is still there but not easily read, meaning you need special software to read it. it is the same idea as if you delete a file off your hard drive. it is still there, unless it is overwritten, just the pointers are removed so that the Operating system can't read the files.