Cedar Waxwing

Discussion in 'Landscape & Cityscape' started by JOAT, Aug 4, 2006.

1. JOAT

JOAT TPF Noob!

Today at lunch I decided to go to my usual get away place which has many species of small birds and occasionally I'll see a hawk or a GBH.

Today however I saw some Cedar Waxwings for the first time. The sun was harsh and to get a good lighting angle was challenging. There were 2 that seemed to like a certain tree so I stood there a few minutes and watched their habits and noticed they would perch on a certain few branches for a few seconds then fly over to the next. They were quite fun to watch.

I did get some pics but most of them were backlit and came out horrid. These two I'm sharing are not the best in terms of composition and light so I decided to do a little post.

I'll add the originals for a better understanding of how much post was done. I normally don't do this much post but I liked the pose but didn't like all the clutter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. HollandHusker

HollandHusker TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    two pic's you just removed the background and edited a bit:) Nice shot's though

3. Raymond J Barlow

Raymond J Barlow TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    nice shots Joat!! I spent the day at High Park in Toronto today, we didn't see much, but it sure is a nice place!

4. JOAT

JOAT TPF Noob!

cheers guys!

Holland, I didn't use another pic...just did some cloning and painting in photoshop.

Ray, I haven't been to high park this year but plan to when the fall migration starts...apparently it's a hot spot for migrating birds in the fall.