Cedar waxwings

Discussion in 'Nature & Wildlife' started by Moodyville-ain, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Moodyville-ain

Moodyville-ain TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Taken with a rebel xs and a 55-250mm

Tv=1/500 Av=5.6 ISO=400
    [​IMG]

Tv=1/320 Av=5.6 ISO=400
    [​IMG]

Tv=1/250 Av=8 ISO=400
    [​IMG]

#^*@ing branch :x TV=1/2500 AV=5.6 ISO=400 Out of nowhere it flew almost right next to me here. I didn't have time to mess around, I got this shot off before it flew away again :cry: Hardly any crop here. Why is it the one time a bird flies right next to me, it does it in front of a branch and with poor lighting conditions :gah: Doesn't it know I want to take it's picture? phhhhht
    [​IMG]

2. benlonghair

benlonghair TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I like the second one. I'm trying to decide if the focus is a little soft on the wings or if that's just how they look.

The last one is really nice too.

3. USM IS

USM IS TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    You had a target rich environment! Wish we had those here..I have lost more shots to limbs than I care to recall!!!!!!...Mike

4. Moodyville-ain

Moodyville-ain TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks :) to both of you. As for focus, it is probably a combination of both. For 1 that one was about 1/4 crop, for 2 the 55-250mm is descent but could be sharper. Also the feathers on their backs are quite smooth, even in person. The rest is just user error.

I wish I could justify a super telephoto. But mortgage and bills say otherwise :( unless someone starts paying me for my pictures .............. :lol:.......... until that happens I can't justify spending over a grand on a lens. People keep saying X lens only costs X amount over a grand.... but you can't get blood from a stone.

Im contiplating in the future 5he Tamron 200-500mm, or 50-500mm Sigma. I know they are both slow, but as I said theres no way I can spend over a grand on a lens so options are limited.

5. benlonghair

benlonghair TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I hear you about lenses. Even with a 300, they're small birds.

I figure that to fill out my lens kit I need about $46k. And that doesn't include a D3S or a D300s (which if I were spending all the money I could, I'd get both). Need a better job, I guess.