Celebs and their cameras

good point :thumbup:

what a cheap ass.. YOu would think if she buys $3000-4000 purses she would at least get a 5D II :)

usayit said:
I wonder how these celebs would laugh at us if we tried to act or sing?

Whoops, I'm regularly doing the latter, and I'm even taking up classes now, and if anyone'd laugh I'd be all disheartened! So don't. Please. Neither celebs nor anyone. Promised?

And I'd have loved to be given a part in the piece we're going to put on the stage in October, only was I made director's assistent again. I'd have loved to test my abilities to act for a change. Acting and singing - those would have been my tasks! Alas, now it's only singing. ;)

AND taking photos of the rehearsals, mind you...! ;)
You can see me doing my job here - hoping that the link works. Or here - in the background, with the director in the foreground.

what a cheap ass.. YOu would think if she buys $3000-4000 purses she would at least get a 5D II :)

Full frame usually means bigger and heavier glass. It just doesn't look the same.

3ebf51e6.jpg

Vs.

mileycyrusw.jpg

That's a first....proper lens hood turned backward with a cheap rubber hood on the front. :er:

One of my favorite celebs (not that I really care about any of them) is Alyssa Milano, and she is/was quite into photography.

As usayit mentioned, it was/is pretty easy to take a photo with the lens cap still on the lens when one is using a rangefinder camera...which is the origin of the disparaging term "lenscapper"...i.e. a person so inept he or she was prone to shooting with the lens cap still on. Now that the 35mm rangefinder camera is no longer much of a factor, the term has faded from common usage.

There...now we are "discussing" something.....Eric Clapton is a lenscapper.

What is that pop up flash doing out?!

She's a Canon 7D shooter--what do you expect???

Or, possibly Beyonce knows more about photography than some of you? I'd use the pop up flash to eliminate harsh shadows if that was my only option. Would you prefer to have harsh shadows and harsh light from a high noon sun?

I find it interesting to see celebs that are into photography. I know a lot of the celebs time is limited so it's always to interesting to see them taking out time to do something they enjoy...regardless of the hobby.

i would have to agree with Big Mike; however, i can't tell you how many times i see folks running around taking photos with the lens hood on backwards. I am sure I am not the only one who rolls there eyes in their brain at that one.

Lets see, Randy Johnson used to take a lot of photos from the dugout and had himself some fairly long lenses. That was years ago, but who knows

i would have to agree with Big Mike; however, i can't tell you how many times i see folks running around taking photos with the lens hood on backwards. I am sure I am not the only one who rolls there eyes in their brain at that one.
I don't really mind that...heck, I'd probably do it from time to time...but the way I hold the 70-200 F2.8, the lens hood gets in the way so I have to move it...and I might as well put it on right rather than leave it off.
The part that gets me, is that she (is that Mylee Syruss?) has the cheap rubber hood on. It would actually be easier to just turn the real hood around, than to screw in the cheap one.

I also think that while we see a few photos of celebs with cameras in their hands...they are likely not the ones buying the gear and carrying it around. One of their entourage probably just hands it to them.

What is that pop up flash doing out?!

Or, possibly Beyonce knows more about photography than some of you? I'd use the pop up flash to eliminate harsh shadows if that was my only option. Would you prefer to have harsh shadows and harsh light from a high noon sun?

usayit already mentioned that. But good point nonetheless. Canon recommends it, too. I guess it's in the 7D manual somewhere.

Even so, I usually prefer to not use the pop up flash in broad daylight, depending on the subject. Harsher shadows vs. "flatter" pics. Too each his own, though.

usayit already mentioned that. But good point nonetheless. Canon recommends it, too. I guess it's in the 7D manual somewhere.

Even so, I usually prefer to not use the pop up flash in broad daylight, depending on the subject. Harsher shadows vs. "flatter" pics. Too each his own, though.

It's only flat if you over use the popup....You can eliminate shadows without flat lighting using this if you do it right...different topic though. ....and I didn't read all the replies so didn't realize it had been mentioned already..my mistake.

It's only flat if you over use the popup....You can eliminate shadows without flat lighting using this if you do it right...different topic though. ....and I didn't read all the replies so didn't realize it had been mentioned already..my mistake.

Take a $1000 strobe and place it directly in front of the subject just bare bulb... you'll get the same effect.. flat and unflattering.

Its not about the pop up flash but all about which is the primary light and how it is placed. As a fill flash and the sun as the primary, the pop up flash is certainly fine.

Also, darker skinned people in bright light conditions sometimes causes contrast scenes that are outside the sensor's dynamic range. You either need to make surroundings darker or the subject brighter... ie popup fill flash.

She just might be a bit more capable of a photographer than you are all making her out to be.

As Lafoto mentioned, I wouldn't like anyone laughing at me at anything I'm trying to accomplish..

^ ofcourse she is a more able photographer than they think, she uses a canon :p

jokes.

But DAMN look at mileys.... Nice :)
I wait for the day the celebs take on the paparazzi :D
instead of paps hunting celebs, celebs hunting the pap... brilliant.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back