Cell Phone Camera Box

Discussion in 'Cell Phone Cameras & Camera Phones' started by bigbeard86, Sep 19, 2016.

1. bigbeard86

bigbeard86 TPF Noob!

Hi, I need help finding a cellphone camera holder that will allow me to place my camera screen side-up, with the rear camera pointing straight down. I need to take photos of things that will be flat on my table. Any suggestions? A box is preferable, this way I can place objects in the same position

2. The_Traveler

The_Traveler Completely Counter-dependent Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    It would seem easier and cheaper to use a sturdy cardboard box, tape/glue some small blocks on the top for alignment and then cut a hole for the lens and flash.
    If you plan to use external flash, you could use a plastic milk case , reinforce the top with a plywood top, cut out everything on the sides except the corners (lots of strength isn't needed), cover the sides with thin white cloth to diffuse flash, then tape/glue some small blocks on the top for alignment and then cut a hole for the lens and flash.

3. bigbeard86

bigbeard86 TPF Noob!

I was actually looking at something like this: Scandock Scanner | PrintingNews.com

Price is not an issue; we need this for a lab, and want to have it on our benchtops. Unfortunately the ScanDock is no longer produced - seems like the company went out of business.

4. The_Traveler

The_Traveler Completely Counter-dependent Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I haven't heard of any equivalent but a jig this simple could be fabbed easily in any university workshop.

5. Bruno65

Bruno65 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Well, I like good software, but I don't understand, why you should pay for that, what you can take free? Bluestacks - is great choise for you in your situation

6. table1349

table1349 Been spending a lot of time on here!

7. Light Guru

Light Guru Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit