Cell Phone Photography

scarfy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Is anyone into cellphone photography? Granted its probably the lowest form of picture-taking, but some people, well that i know anyways only ever take pictures with there phones. I've never really bothered other than doing a few contests online, the last one i did and have been doing almost on a daily basis is for an arby's contest called snap and drive. basically they have a challenge ever day and one photo is selected and you win a new cell phone. have you guys ever thought of doing a little like cellphone daily contest, like for fun, on this forum. like each day there is a theme or thing someone picks and just have one person who picks a winner, then the next day they get to choose the theme or subject or something like that? I noticed the fight club thread for 5 photos in 1 hour, but does something like that exist on this site, or even anything to do with cellphone photography? I'm new here so I'm still working my way around the forums checking out new stuff, but i didnt really see anything like that other than the fight club thing.

While at a flea market, there was a beautiful rainbow around the sun from some thin misty clouds overhead. I didn't have a proper camera with me, but I had my girlfriend's phone, so I snapped a picture. Here's the result:

sun.jpg

Turned out quite beautiful..

While at a flea market, there was a beautiful rainbow around the sun from some thin misty clouds overhead. I didn't have a proper camera with me, but I had my girlfriend's phone, so I snapped a picture. Here's the result:

sun.jpg

Turned out quite beautiful..

no kidding, that's an amazing photograph!! i do the same thing, sometimes i dont have a camera on me and i just cant not take a picture of something, well other than online contests like the ones i was talking about. but that is truly amazing shot, it's a shame that you didnt have an awesome camera with you. what kind of cell do you have?

Amazing? It's 160x120, lol

Here's one I took with my HTC Touch Diamond just because I couldn't believe what I saw while in the drive through at Culvers...

3.2 Megapixels on hand at any given moment is pretty nice to capture things that may have otherwise been missed.

Yes folks, flowers in the bumper... very much alive.
3592989126_b64546cb7e_b.jpg

Amazing? It's 160x120, lol

Here's one I took with my HTC Touch Diamond just because I couldn't believe what I saw while in the drive through at Culvers...

3.2 Megapixels on hand at any given moment is pretty nice to capture things that may have otherwise been missed.

Yes folks, flowers in the bumper... very much alive.
3592989126_b64546cb7e_b.jpg

wow, that's more than decent res. looks like a cheap p.a.s digital. my cell phone is kinda old so it doesnt take photos like that, im trying to win the sony ericsson, i think it's 3.2 MP as well.

this is the only photo i can find from my camera i have on my computer, there is something about it that the focus just looks soft, my friend has an ericsson and it seems so much sharper, maybe its the lens or something?

n503487412_245536_3256.jpg

shame on all of you for not at least having a high quality p&s in your pocket at all times!

i always have a D50 in my back seat.
don't rob my car!

shame on all of you for not at least having a high quality p&s in your pocket at all times!

don't rob my car!

sorry :( im poor and dont even have a car to put my camera in the back seat hah. all i have is a film fisheye camera and my canon xs, and i had to starve myself for months to afford that.

don't rob my car!

With the heat here, I'd be afraid to leave my gear in the car without the AC running... 90% of the time, my phone is the only "camera" I have on me.

If I was allowed to have one at work, I'd probably carry a small P&S.

no kidding, that's an amazing photograph!! i do the same thing, sometimes i dont have a camera on me and i just cant not take a picture of something, well other than online contests like the ones i was talking about. but that is truly amazing shot, it's a shame that you didnt have an awesome camera with you. what kind of cell do you have?

It's my girlfriend's phone, actually. A little red Samsung prepaid AT&T GoPhone. Don't know the model. I'm not a big cell phone user. Give me a landline any day. Living out where there's little to no signal has that effect. XD

And wait.. Win a phone.. There's a cell phone picture contest? *goes to look*

EDIT: It's an AT&T Samsung a127 GoPhone.

Last edited:

don't rob my car!

With the heat here, I'd be afraid to leave my gear in the car without the AC running... 90% of the time, my phone is the only "camera" I have on me.

If I was allowed to have one at work, I'd probably carry a small P&S.

ahhh yes. i didn't even think about that. i'm many miles to the north and east. we generally don't have to worry about heat :confused:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back