cemetary shots-different crops

wwjoeld

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
which one do you like better?

I cam e upon the first crop when i set the photo as my desktop background, but the picture was too large for my screen and it gave me this portion on my screen and i really like it, but i also really like the other crop.

1946c95c.jpg

05f76f66.jpg

Thanks

I'd have to agree - I think the first one is cropped a little TOO tight. You know what's there since you took the image, but at casual glance it's lacking information, if that makes sense.

I like your second one better - although I want to see a little more of that rustic little house. I'd like to know what I'd see if you'd taken about 1-2 steps to the right. Let the chimney and rooftop lines show.

And I applaud your use of B&W here - it's very striking. :D You're onto something.

Both pics have merrits from me.

The first pic explodes with form and lines. The shallow DOP is used well for supporting the single subject and doesn't contend with it too much. There's nothing on the left margin to contend for attention--that's very good.

The second pic probably works as a documentary. It's a good historic record. It might work better if the distraction in the lower left margin was cloned out.

Just one person's view. Actually I would be proud to have snapped either one of these two pics.

rebel

The first picture plays with the symmetry of both the marker and the house. You effectively provide the entire picture of the marker by cropping just slightly to the left of center. Similarly, the house is divided in almost the same place. It's nice that there's just enough detail to suggest the lines of the house's boards.

I can't decide whether I like the chimney--it mirrors the marker, but seems perhaps slightly too close to the marker itself in position. The continued diagonal line between the marker and the roof is the first thing I noticed about the picture. At first, it bothered me that they were different grades, but now I'm not sure how much it matters.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back