Cemetery Flag

Oldfireguy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Went out today to shoot some cemetery photos and spied this little faded flag marking the grave of a veteran. This was a large cemetery and this was the only flag in the whole place. No matter where I went it kept catching my eye so I had to photograph it.
7201-DSC_0912.JPG

Lacking some color. The only thing that says cemetary is the title, I wouldn't have a clue otherwise. Maybe a bit of a gravestone in there some where might make that a little clearer.:)

Different angle. Flag is still faded due to age.
7201-DSC_0908.JPG

I quite like the first one - there is a poignancy to it even without a gravestone in the shot. Nice bokeh in the background too :)

It'd keep after that, it seems like a very nice shot it bound to show up (not to say the ones you have now are bad, they it just seems like there's a lot of potential there). I'm not sure how the graveyard is setup though, and it'd seem really wrong to move it, but you could always buy your own and set up a shot.

hmmm...
nice use of depth of field... a bit of a contrast bump may help
compositionally... if you can go again try more angles... try and include some sort of a story/place to the flag... isolate the flag if you may but a context is nescessary i feel
thanks for sharing :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back