Cemetery

&Denekamp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hy all,

I'm new to the board, and also new to photography.

Just got my first (serious attempt to photography) film developed, and I wanted to show you these pictures I took at the cemetery nearby.

Any comment or critics is apreciated! :D

Cemetery.jpg
Cemetery trough the gate

GraveStone.jpg
Gravestone
(have to reshoot this one, the tree is 'touching' the grave stone..)

GraveStoneII.jpg
More gravestones

Tree.jpg
Life and death..
(tree - life, gravestones - death)

Thanks for whatching!
Niels

wow, nice work! my fav is #3. welcome to the forum!

Thanks JonMikal!

I've took these partly for my own fun, and partly of a school assignment. I'll probably make a painting based on #2 :) this series was to inspire me and get me going.. the paiting will be aprox. 150cm high and 40 wide. So that'll make one hell of a gravestone ;) I'll see if I can get some pictures of the result.

Niels

Very cool work. Love the angles you have on the graves. My fave is the third one. Welcome to the forum. Look forward to more of your photos.

Thanks Chiller,

for that angle on #2 I had to lay flat on the ground on the graveyard.. I must say that that felt kinda wierd..;)

More photos are on the way. I'll drop by at my local photographer to pick up my next role of 36..:wink:

Second welcome to TPF this morning, Niels.
And hey, to be finding some "Newby to photography" who shoots on film! Big pat on back for that! :D

Though I must say I have become quite comfortable with my little digital camera by now, more so, it seems, as with my SLR - though I finished three rolls yesterday ... excitement till Saturday now, whoa!

Where do you have cemeteries with big tomb stones such as these in the Netherlands?

How comes they're so soft? Was that the intention or is it from the scanning? Either way, it's given them a nice "feel". Thanks for sharing and welcome to the forum. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back