CF card help

anthonydamario

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Okay, so I've had this CF card for about a month, and I bought it brand new from my local camera shop, and my d70 is telling me to format the card, and I trried to format it from the camera twice. It didn't do anything. Then I tried to plug my camera into my laptop cause I don't have a card reader. It told me to format the card, and then as it was doing that it stopped and said that windows could not complete formatting. Has this ever happened to anyone?

I have heard of it happening before... I have no advice unfortunately. Seems like the card is dead tho... Sorry

What brand card is it?

I have never encountered this problem, but I agree with CW Jones - sounds like a faulty card...

Is it too late to exchange it for another one?

Last edited:
It's SanDisk. And my receipt says 30 days and I bought it like 35 days ago. I'm going to my local shop Monday to see if they'll exchange it. And Garbz, I've had it for a month, so it's time shouldn't be up yet.

SanDisk is a quality brand - I don't think this is justification to switch. There's always going to be a few bad ones that slip by QC...

Most people consider SanDisk to be one of the best brand cards to buy - what would you switch to?

SanDisk is a quality brand - I don't think this is justification to switch. There's always going to be a few bad ones that slip by QC...

Most people consider SanDisk to be one of the best brand cards to buy - what would you switch to?

I assume you are asking me... The only cards I have ever had issues with are SanDisk - but they work great for just about everyone up to the pro level - so if you are not putting 10,000 frams a week through them they are fine...

I do agree the bad come with the good but I have been using Lexar and in over 100,000 frames had not had a failure (knock on wood) - Had a massive failue of an older Microdrive but those were trouble waiting to happen...

It's more about service for me - if they screw him and say sorry its out of the 30 day warranty - I would assume Sandisk has a better one than the store does.... I woudl pursue it and get them to replace it.

Well that is unless you washed it etc and just forgot to mention that :)

Thou I have done that also and they even work after that most of the time and smell fresh to boot.. (PS: not reccomended cleaning method)

Most reactions

Back