CF card

tanz1983

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went to Buffalo and got some great shots. Well, I had trouble copying them to my computer. It finally let me do it. When I thought I had them all, I formated the card to start shooting again. That's when I realized that I forgot some. Can they be recovered?

I think after you have formatted a card the data is perminantly lost. I know with a harddisk in a computer you can retrive data sometimes after formatting - but with a card I belive its perminant

I've seen software the recovers these things, but I don't know if it really woks.

I've only had a CF card problem once, and in my case it was a card error (in the middle of what else - a wedding). In that case I simply put the card away, after figuring out that the card itself was the problem. What I did when I got home was I went to the company website (Sandisk) and paid $30 for their recovery program. It worked like a champ and I didn't lose a single photo.

Certainly not the same situation you're in, but my guess is that if you formatted the card but did not start shooting again, you probably will be able to save them with the right recovery software.

I do know that there are free programs out there that aren't too bad as well, but in my case I was dealing with about 250 wedding photos, so I went straight to the source. ;)

usually you can still recover images after formatting, unless you have since taken pics on the card.... which you have. in my experience, you can still recover some images from the card, but they might not be whole. for instance, there may be horizontal blue lines or square patches in your photos that can not be removed.

i would suggest buying a high speed lexar pro cf card. they come with free recovery software.

best of luck.

j

There's also some free downloads for file recovery programs on the net. Worth a try, but I wouldn't hold my breath...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back