CF Cards, 4-8gb

my other dvd burner is on my pc which has the harddisc failure.

ummm...if you are desperate to free memory, salvage the DVD writer from the desktop, get an external case for it and connect it using u.s.b, like you connect your external HDD to your lappie or you can wait until your PC is fixed!

I'm paranoid when it comes to saving my pictures.
1 copy on hard drive of computer which is backed weekly to external USB drive
1 copy I immediately burn to CD/DVD - both jpeg and RAW format
1 copy on flickr
1 copy on CostCo.com

Is there an external drive of some kind that allows me to backup CF/SD cards without connecting to a computer? This will be nice for vacations so I do not have to lug around a notebook to transfer pictures nightly (I carry around a 4gb and two 2gb)

Me too...

1) System disk and work space are on stripped SATA for performance.. both disks are on seperate controllers and SMART enabled.
* An external firewire 800 hard disk is dedicated for MAC OS X time-machine (works great) on this specific drive. (Hourly, daily, and weekly backups are automatic).
2) After I'm done working on the file, it is migrated to a pair of external firewire drives that are Mirrored. One fails... the files are ok and I replace BOTH drives.
3a) Incremental backups to archive gold efilm CD-Rs and/or gold DVDs. These CD-Rs/DVDs are off-site to my work filing cabinet.
3b) Monthly full backups to magnetic tape DLT8000 mini-library.

A small slice of another firewire scratch disk is dedicated to a base install of MAC OS X. This insures that my machine is bootable even if I loose the stripe that houses my System and workspace. Which means time-machine can recover file versions from the failed stripe.

Not a single bit of data has ever been lost in my household....

ummm...if you are desperate to free memory, salvage the DVD writer from the desktop, get an external case for it and connect it using u.s.b, like you connect your external HDD to your lappie or you can wait until your PC is fixed!

Or, Take the HD out of your laptop, get one of those adapters for $3 on ebay, and run you desktop from your laptops drive.

Most reactions

Back