Chad and Amanda

Alison said:
I like the b/w better than the color. Did you try it in a tone similar to the first picture that you posted (a warm sepia?). They both seem so comfortable in front of the camera, a tribute to a great photographer!

Hi Alison, thanks! I tried the chocolate color first, but it seemed to only accentuate the blown highlights in his forhead. :(

craig said:
As always; beautiful work! In the second frame try converting to cmyk and taking out some cyan and magenta.

Thank you so much Craig! I'm afraid I don't know how to do that. Can you explain for photoshop dummies like me? If there isn't an action or a plug in, I'm hopelessly lost. :lmao:

Just wanted to thank you all again for being so supportive.......and I love the critique as well. I always learn so much from you guys.

Basically go Image- Mode- CMYK. Then Image- Adjustments - Levels. In the levels dialogue box Hold down the CMYK option and chose the Cyan channel. Open the midtones to 1.30 or what ever looks good. Do the same for the Magenta channel.

Of course this is very general. Play around with it. Generally I like to boost the contrast before starting this operation. Have the channels palette open so you can see the results a little better. Window - Channels. It is also a good idea to preview the image in CMYK before converting it. Go to View Proof Colors.

I do like the first one! great tones and lovely DOF make this picture! and what's the most important it is very natural!

nice shots elsa, i really like #1, that's so fun...

Your Photojournalism style really came out on this one! Looks like a fun couple, which shows in your images. Luvin' #1.......

Most reactions

Back