Chains

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by tenlientl, Nov 2, 2008.

1. tenlientl

tenlientl TPF Noob!

I'm not sure if I posted this or not. I think I previewed the post, but never ended up posting. Sorry.

lame title, oh well. heres a shot ive been trying to re-create/improve. i took the original about a month ago, tried to re-make 2 weeks ago(a failure), again tonight

this is the original. i really like it, but i had a problem with the composition. i like how the colours stand out. the lighting was perfect imo
    [​IMG]

i just cropped it and tried to make it straight.
    [​IMG]

out of the 30 i did earlier, thsi is the first one i liked. i like where my camera is position, but i hate the darkness on the house.
    [​IMG]

i like this more than the previous one. the lady walking the dog adds an affect imo, but im still not satisfied. i still want to have the same colours as the original. that one just stands out.
    [​IMG]

any thoughts? i would appreciate it. i will try to go at it again soon. i wanna print this too and hang it up.

thank you

2. RyanMTaylor

RyanMTaylor TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    The last one is my favorite easily. It's the only one, to me, that really has a subject. That one pole closest to us demands attention. I like it a lot. Temperature is also a lot more pleasing for me.

Question though.. after you cropped and rotated it, did it keep the same aspect ratio? It's going to be really obvious to people who know the standard sizes that the shot wasn't composed how you wanted it to be when you first took it if it's changed. Not that it lessens how good the shot is but it introduces something to think about besides the photo itself. That's just my opinion though. I try to never crop. And if I do I make it either square or the same aspect ratio.

As I keep saying in all my posts though, I'm super new at this photography stuffs. :p

3. smithphoto

smithphoto TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    In your first you were shooting with a 200 iso and an f stop of f/5.3 (or something like that) in the last you bumped the ISO all the way up to 1.8 and used a higher and a longer shutter speed. I assume that the light was MUCH different. If you want the same colors as in the first you need to shoot with those same (or close) settings around the same time of day. You should be able to reproduce that image (at least to some degree).

It may just be the PP work but in my opinion they are pretty grainy. It pulls away from the work i think.

4. RyanMTaylor

RyanMTaylor TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I agree about noise in an image usually taking away from the work. For me though in this case the texture it added is kinda nice. If this wasn't your aim though then yeah, I'd def go back and try to reshoot that. The noise is very obvious.