chair

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by krimad, May 17, 2005.

1. krimad

krimad TPF Noob!

[​IMG]

does the overexposure of the window add or detract, in your opinion? thanks.

2. Meysha

Meysha still being picky Vicky

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Ohhhh creepy! I like it,... Makes me think of a horror movie.
    But yeah I think the brightness of the window detracts a little.
    I love the range of colours in this photo, you've got yellow and green walls (eek!) and then that big red carpet thing.

Where are you finding all these ruined buildings? or is this the same place as your last post? It looks like an amazing place.

3. darin3200

darin3200 TPF Noob!

The window is too bright, my eyes keep going to that since it's in the middle. However, the rest of the photo looks slightly underexposed, I like the dark feel, but it's just barely overdone.
    Very good location though

4. krimad

krimad TPF Noob!

meysha,
    i go looking for abandoned buildings. i live in the midwest now so most are from around here. thanks for the input!

5. elsaspet

elsaspet TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I like it. It DOES have a creepy feeling. However, the window seems too centered. Nice shot.

6. Nikon Fan

Nikon Fan TPF Noob!

I like this image. I provides a creepy mood...and has lots of emotin within it. I actually thought that the window was a tv set at first which was interesting. It honeslty doesn't both me that it's bright b/c it draws your eye there with everything else being dark. I don't think that it's too centered at all, and that you've captured this place quite nicely! Well done IMO :)

7. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I also like the overblown window. If you're going for the surreal effect (barren walls, desolate scene) this only adds to the flavor. It's really good. :thumbup:

My only preference would be to see a person standing there, maybe facing the window, silhouetted, positioned right where the chair is. The chair itself is being overshadowed by the window, not strong enough (IMHO) to be the subject of the image. You put a person there, you have a winner. :D

8. mad_malteaser

mad_malteaser TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I like the fact that this photograph breaks a lot of traditions and rules. Yes, the window is too bright, but I think that, given the subject, it really works here. Beautiful shot.