Chalk It Up, 2008 - Sacramento, CA

Discussion in 'Photojournalism & Sports Gallery' started by ANDS!, Sep 1, 2008.

1. ANDS!

ANDS! No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Annually Old Ironsides and various organizations here put on an event called "Chalk It Up", where folks buy sidewalk squares to paint and do "the art" on. They also have live music. I have pictures of the both artists. The musicians were better:

Favorite band of the day "PETS" or "THE PETS". They had a nice poppy sound live, and I bought their CD. When I got it home, the "sound" was much different, even being the same songs. More "cool kid" emo. Still a good group.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

No idea what her name was. I just call her "Heather". This is when she brought out the ukulele. Love it. Funnily, she had a lisp in normal conversation, but her singing voice was pure honey. Second favorite of the day.

[​IMG]

I got more than a few pictures of this group, but really didn't dig their music. Was sort of "bland". Their name? The Generals. I know.

[​IMG]

One of the best moments of The Pets set. They offered to allow folks to come up and bang the hell out of a tamborine on the stage. First they said "Come on up here, hit the tamborine, and you get a free CD or T-Shirt." So of course, the kids in the crowd being literal ran up, hit it once, and ran off with a t-shirt. Enter this fellow, who jumped in on a particularly poppin song and just tamborined the heck out of that tamborine. Hilarious and awesome. Awesomous.

[​IMG]

Last band of the day Light Bright. Or maybe Lite Brite. Who knows. I'm sure it was meant to be "cute". Ok group. A little too much "scream" rock mixed with a bit of Rage Against The Machine.

[​IMG]

2. 250Gimp

250Gimp TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    NIce shots, I like them.

The detail in the guys leg on the first one is blown a bit though, and I find it distracting. Don't know why, it just bugs me.

Cheers