CHALLENGE : MAKE THIS IMAGE LOOK PROFESSIONAL

way too saturated

Posting to say I just started working on the photo, I'm a little bored so lets see how long this takes and what I can do.

When I saw the pic it looked like something that shoulda been in a Western magazine from 1952. So I tried to make it look like that. If that makes sense. Spent about a minute on this.

4557574567_9e12582156_o.jpg

I'll try - but it's a down and dirty edit on one layer without the wacom. Maybe you can see the idea, though.

14kfs3p.jpg

^^ very hasty blurring..

I like robs better than mine maybe if i put it in bokeh i could pull it off

1zlu42r.jpg

whatcha think i know there's a lot of repetitive dirt... I didn't want him eating bricks and sticks for dinner

Last edited:
Ok, all the kids were in bed and hubby was gaming so I thought I would play around with this. :blushing: Please don't completely bash me, lol.

Horse-Copy.jpg

JimmyO,
Thanks for being the second horse's ass in this thread.

I'll try - but it's a down and dirty edit on one layer without the wacom. Maybe you can see the idea, though.

14kfs3p.jpg
did you gauge out it's eyeball?:confused::lol:

Not intentionally....but anything's possible.

My grandson (8 yrs old) just got his photography beltloop in cub scouts, and when he saw me playing around he wanted to play, too. I showed him how to blur the background and use the clone tool, and he wanted to try to "make the eye sparkle".

He thought it was really "cool" that the computer could do that, but he was more excited when it "appeared" online after we finished.

I can't do it here because I don't have the tools available, but someone should try this to illustrate another way to handle this image to show OP...

1. Crop out left of image hacking tree in 2 in a visually appealing way
2. Copy the part of the image on the right starting where the rock is to roughly at the nose of the horse, flip it horizontally, tack the copied piece onto the right hand side of the image and then stretch it out so it makes a "full frame" (do a bit of cloning, perhaps to mix it up)

It will be a TOTAL hack job and look a bit weird but it will illustrate very quickly how this might have been handled a LITTLE better.

Oh, and JimmyO... seriously... go back under your bridge. You have to be one of the most unconstructive attack-prone people I have seen on TPF.

What I see from the different renderings is that, depending on an individuals taste, there is more than one way to skin a cat.
Nice effort to all who tried, I like seeing what different people "see and do"

Ok, all the kids were in bed and hubby was gaming so I thought I would play around with this. :blushing: Please don't completely bash me, lol.

Horse-Copy.jpg

So far, I like this one best with number 21 coming in a close second.

This one left the grass green enough to keep me from thinking the horse was eating dirt, and removed all the fence posts and braces from between the horse's legs.

Horse-Copy.jpg

So far, I like this one best with number 21 coming in a close second.

This one left the grass green enough to keep me from thinking the horse was eating dirt, and removed all the fence posts and braces from between the horse's legs.

I agree. the horse looks to far back in mine and 23 took out the green post and their mtns are a lil less distracting

Most reactions

New Topics

Back