Challenge: Show Us Where You Live- 5 Photos Only!

Im not in Chicago proper, but have lived here my whole life (in the suburbs) and figured Id show some Chicago pics...

Longexposuredowntownshotsepiawithbu.jpg

Cloudgatelight.jpg

Americanflagbuilding.jpg

WrigleyBuilding.jpg

sepiaangledbuildings.jpg

There sure is a lot of people from Chicago! You guys are all really good. I'm almost embarassed to post the pics from where I live. Please keep in mind that I am new to photography and not experienced in editing!!!

Here are some from where I live:

capbuilding555.jpg

koreanwar44.jpg

WWII33.jpg

memorial22copy.jpg

All these pics are awesome!! Love this thread. I've been sifting through shots, but haven't had time to upload and post yet.

(Spacy, my most recent trip was to DC, so I very much enjoyed your shots. Keep posting!)

There isn't too much interesting in my town exactly, but here are a few of places close to me.

1. A beach not too far

2. An old timey restoration place

3. Lookin' Out My Back Door...

4. Bridge Over Annoying Sun Flare

5. Sorry I can't even come up with 5. There is just nothing that interesting right around me.

wow.. theusher.. that 4th picture is awesome, even with the sun.

These aren't exactly from my town, since I already posted those when I did the Long Island Sound pictures. I felt I needed to represent the closest city to me. (Not what I consider my city, since I will always be from Boston <3)

DSCN0428.jpg

DSCN0388.jpg

DSCN0401.jpg

DSCN0435.jpg

DSCN0425.jpg

not always what people think of when they picture NYC.. but that's where it is.

Since I bought my last lens, I can only afford renting this place:

myhouse.jpg

Not worth showing five images of it, it looks the same from all sides :p

Har-har-har-har, Alex :greenpbl:

By the way, if I were to get myself the lens you are suggesting I buy in my Industrial-Berlin-thread, I would need to MOVE IN THERE WITH YOU! :shock:

Har-har-har-har, Alex :greenpbl:

By the way, if I were to get myself the lens you are suggesting I buy in my Industrial-Berlin-thread, I would need to MOVE IN THERE WITH YOU! :shock:

Well, if you then bring that lens along and we will also share it, then I'm fine with your suggestion :p

There sure is a lot of people from Chicago! You guys are all really good. I'm almost embarassed to post the pics from where I live. Please keep in mind that I am new to photography and not experienced in editing!!!

Here are some from where I live:

your pics are great!!! thank you for posting. you have nothing to be embarrassed about.

dont worry there are no amatuers, we are all pros. :wink:

I love this thread. In fact, this is the thing about the forum that still amazes me everyday. We can, from the comfort of our homes, see images from all over the world. We take this for granted, I think. Two hundred years ago, a very short time in the grand scheme, we couldn’t capture images. Twenty years ago, we couldn’t share them in forums. It blows me away.

jereoen, I love those photos of yours. Some of my all time favorite books are the detective series from van de Wetering, which took place in Amsterdam. Your images got me daydreaming about Grijpstra and de Gier. Chicago – Seattle – D.C. – Sea Cliff, all wonderful photos that show us a sense of place, which is very powerful. I wish I were a better writer. We need someone eloquent to do this thread justice.

(Alex B – I just saw your photo of your tent out there in the mountains north of the arctic circle, with those reindeer. Excellent and so ... unbelievable to me. It’s so different from what I normally see.)

Anyway, here’s my contribution from NYC. Thanks for sharing, everyone.

1. Brooklyn Bridge with World Trade Towers
131442275-L.jpg

2. FlatIron Building, with 5th Avenue and Broadway
131633225-L.jpg

3. my street
131442241-L.jpg

4. my building
131442250-L.jpg

5. view from my studio
131442258-L.jpg

This is a great thread. I love the variety that comes out from people who live in the same city. Here are a few from Toronto.

toronto.jpg

IMG_1654-rev.jpg

streetcar.jpg

streetman.jpg

Most reactions

Back