Challenge! Who guesses this one first !

Daniel said:
The water drop is frozen to the bottom.

I think you got it, the water definitely looks frozen.

I'm not sure what it is of but it is a wonderful photograph. Great work.

I will have to admit - we have a winner! Daniel...great observation. Yes it was early morning when i woke up in my houseboat on Dal Lake in Srinagar. As i sat sipping my lovely Kava (a kashmiri tea) on the porch watching the flower sellers and school kids float by on the shikaras (narrow boats), I noticed this lotus leaf next to me in the water.at first i didnt realise it but then realised that the crispness of the lines and the leaf itself was because the dew that had collected overnight had frozen on it. Not just the collected bit in the centre but a sheen on the entire leaf. I tried lifting it off the leaf after taking the pic but it kind of broke apart :( But i'm almost wishing it was what some of you had guessed! (like an elephant being bathed! ha hahahaha)

I did guess drop on lotus leaf, only did it not occur to me that said drop plus leaf would be FROZEN! Now THAT is the big trick! ;)

i've always loved this one of yours mohiT!
beautiful and so very simple :D
lovely dof and exposure ...
you rock:hail:

heh heh ! lil bit of this look, lil bit of the rugged look and now i think i should put a pic of me in a suit from the days many years ago when i worked with Lufthansa! haha! That would be something!

Most reactions

Back