weepete

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.petecrawford.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was out working yesterday and had reason to pop into a building in an industrial estate near (ish) where I live. Turns out they are a printers that do pro photographic prints, albums, acrilic prints, aluminium prints etc.

Its funny how things work out as I was toying with the idea of getting a few photo books done of my best images a while ago (that's still a work in progress). Since getting a few prints done over the last year or so ( 2 for my parents, 2 for my sister and one for myself) it turns out I quite like seeing my photos printed so I'm toying with the idea of putting together a couple of collections of my digital photos I have taken over the years and are just sitting upstairs on my HDD. They'll mostly be family stuff and not the best shots either but I'm really taken a notion to get some on paper. Kinda like a book printed instead of an old photo album.

I'm not sure about layout yet or options as how the layout will work but was wondering if anyone else has had photo books printed before?

Blurb does pretty good work but I'm not fond of what they have done to big areas of very dark tones in the past. It looks good, basically, but there's a bit of a pattern to it from the printing.

They are expensive. Look for online discount codes.

I've also made books by hand and tipped or glued in prints, which can look quite nice and is quite a lot cheaper. Albeit a lot more work.

Most reactions

Back