Change to forum Firearms policy

Status
Not open for further replies.
NSFW/Nudes are in a private area. The site should put a similar restriction on guns.

This thread and the recent thread with gun images reminded me of this quote.

"Our culture has accepted two huge lies. The first is that if you disagree with someone’s lifestyle, you must fear or hate them. The second is that to love someone means you agree with everything they believe or do. Both are nonsense. You don’t have to compromise convictions to be compassionate." - Rick Warren

Banning photos of guns because some people don't like them essentially breeds intolerance towards those that own guns.

I personally find it crazy that the forum would allow Nudes/NSFW photos but not photos of guns. I don't want to see nude/NSFW images so I don't look at those threads, why can't it people that don't want to see gun photos choose not to look at the threads with gun photos.

I find most HDR images to be offensive to the eye, but I don't ask for those to be banned.

NSFW/Nudes are in a private area. The site should put a similar restriction on guns.

No. No, they shouldn't. There's no comparison.

Mods and admins, thanks much for the careful consideration. I know what a tireless pain that job can be.

Pets are ok as long as its dogs

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

Our external professional consultant on the matter is not impressed with these suggestions

IMG_2787_zpsbf8235cf.jpg

Our other external professional was unavailable to comment.

Thats dinner for Archie and Rosie

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

Yup, my terrier breed has been used to hunt cougars in the early 1900s, so this would be a quick snack.

After recent consultation with members of the forums, in private and in general conversations on the forums we've had cause to review our policy on the display of firearms on the site. As a result of the review of the policy and the practical enforcement of the policy that we were carrying out we've made the following change to the site rules:

*While images containing firearms depicted for the sake of art are permitted, discussion of firearms and related politics is not. Like politics and religion, it is another “hot button” topic that can lead to inflammatory discussion. Such discussion posts will be removed by the moderating team.

We hope that the following change will now allow those who wish to display such photos to do so freely and that users will take heed of the restriction regarding discussion topics relating to firearms.

Hmmm. I wonder how you determine how ARTISTIC a shot of a gun is.:lol:

We need a new set of rules on COMPOSITION for guns!:lol:

Overread do you own the rights to that picture? :greenpbl:

Hmmmmmm..............while I've not posted images of firearms and had no plans to do so I don't wish to participate in such an arbitrarily restrictive atmosphere. Please delete my account as soon as possible.

Good day to those I've interacted with and best wishes to you.

This thread and the recent thread with gun images reminded me of this quote.

"Our culture has accepted two huge lies. The first is that if you disagree with someone’s lifestyle, you must fear or hate them. The second is that to love someone means you agree with everything they believe or do. Both are nonsense. You don’t have to compromise convictions to be compassionate." - Rick Warren

Banning photos of guns because some people don't like them essentially breeds intolerance towards those that own guns.

I personally find it crazy that the forum would allow Nudes/NSFW photos but not photos of guns. I don't want to see nude/NSFW images so I don't look at those threads, why can't it people that don't want to see gun photos choose not to look at the threads with gun photos.

I find most HDR images to be offensive to the eye, but I don't ask for those to be banned.

I like this guy.

Just to review, people:

PHOTOS OF FIREARMS ARE NOT BANNED.
PICTURES OF GUNS ARE EXPLICITLY PERMITTED.
YOU CAN POST PICTURES OF GUNS.
IT IS OK.

FIREARMS RELATED POLITICAL DISCUSSION IS BANNED.
DON'T ARGUE ABOUT GUN LAWS.
DON'T BABBLE ON ABOUT YOUR OPINIONS ABOUT GUNS.
SUCH POSTS WILL BE DELETED.
THEY ARE NOT OK.

We did not ban gun photos because people didn't like them

We banned them because at the time there were frequent arguments and fights relating to discussions about gun ownership being started in threads with gun photos. Part of moderating is keeping the forum running smoothly and just like we restricted politics and religion discussions along similar grounds we also restricted gun photos to help prevent further fights within the community.

We are allowing them back in accepting that as moderators we might have to work harder to remove fights in gun threads; but also hoping that after a period of denial members will now be more aware of the consequences of their actions and will not seek to start further arguments/fights relating to gun ownership (we've also amended the FAQ to directly prohibit this kind of discussion as well).

Like many site restrictions these are not present in the Subscribers section forum and NSFW gallery.

MartinCrabtree - we do not delete user profiles. You are free to remove your details from your signature and any posts you've made if you wish to. You can also set your registered email account to something random so that you also no longer get email from the site.

Last edited:
Hmmmmmm..............while I've not posted images of firearms and had no plans to do so I don't wish to participate in such an arbitrarily restrictive atmosphere. Please delete my account as soon as possible.

Good day to those I've interacted with and best wishes to you.
The mods have decided to be less restrictive for our benefit as long as we remain on topic. A thank you to the mods is in order here.

from Amolitor:

PHOTOS OF FIREARMS ARE NOT BANNED.
PICTURES OF GUNS ARE EXPLICITLY PERMITTED.( You forgot the "for the sake of art")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back