Change to forum Firearms policy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just before we get too carried away folks, let me reiterate that the decision to [temporarily] ban the posting of fire arms images had NOTHING to do with liking, disliking, or even caring about guns as an entity, it was simply because several gun threads had deteriorated into 'guns good / guns bad' debates. Had that happened with nudes, you can bet our actions would have been the same.

The moderation team (including some admins) have been discussing this topic for a little while now. We got several messages from people about it, along with the usual in-thread discussions.
The decision to make guns a "hot topic" was because of arguments that broke out over various gun issues. It was not just some arbitrary decision based on one or two incidents, but stemming from what appeared to be a very predictable negative result from gun threads.

The decision to reevaluate that rule and repeal it was based on seeing a renewed interest in gun photography, and the hopes that the discussion on those photos will stay purely academic and not venture into politics.

What about banning rabbits

Maybe ban rabbits with guns?

Or cats with hideously bad breath that lick your face while you're sleeping.

I think we can ALL get behind that one.

Just before we get too carried away folks, let me reiterate that the decision to [temporarily] ban the posting of fire arms images had NOTHING to do with liking, disliking, or even caring about guns as an entity, it was simply because several gun threads had deteriorated into 'guns good / guns bad' debates. Had that happened with nudes, you can bet our actions would have been the same.

So temporarily suspend the accounts of those engaging in the debates. The images are not the problem, the people that don't respect others are the problem.

As for the so called ban on gun photos. I've actually seen more gun photos posted on the forums since the ban then I ever did before it.

So temporarily suspend the accounts of those engaging in the debates. The images are not the problem, the people that don't respect others are the problem.

As for the so called ban on gun photos. I've actually seen more gun photos posted on the forums since the ban then I ever did before it.

Thank-you for your input. We will take it under advisement.

Beating-The-Dead-Horse-Meme-Gif.gif

So what it basically boils down to then is this: In the TPF open galleries you have the right to bear arms but aren't allowed to bare your breasts. Interesting.

that is a policy that comes directly from the site owners.
they want a somewhat "family friendly" environment.
we DO allow those sorts of NSFW photos in the subscribers gallery.
as well as allowing NSFW pictures, the subscribers section is also less moderated for speech, so you can pretty much say whatever you want. (with the exception to very extreme ends, and threats, obviously)
Its worth checking out.

So according to the site owners NSFW photos don't belong to a family friendly environment but images of guns do. Again, interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back