Changing Lanes (not your typical)

skunkboy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Private Property / No Trespassing the sign says a few feet further. Either way, it doesn't matter because I wanted to look back where I came from. I've always had a thing for trains and; well, this was just "there" as I looked down. My destination was the skate park but contrary to what many people insist, sure I take aggressive sports photos but that's not all.

Aside from resizing, I've not touched this from when it came off the camera.

rail.jpg

this is a fantastic shot! Great leading lines that take you all over the picture. I would say it might be one stop to long but... then you would lose the detail in front...

I like this shot!

Thanks for the praise. I guess, if I really wanted to say it, is this the "skunk's view of things"? ;)

I think I would crop it differently. I would possibly look for a line at which the blown out sky could be cropped off without losing too much. The vanishing point would in "my" edition be very high, I'd have to debate that with myself then, but I think this sky distracts way too much from the golden colour and cripsest texture of the rails which "the skunk sees first". I think, my cropping line would be right above the box underneath the warning lights. That would make the photo almost square though.

editing:
This is my idea (if you don't want it put up here, let me know and I take it away)

Skunkboy_Rails_mycrop.jpg

As I stated originally, it wasn't cropped - it was only resized to meet the needs of TPF. No alterations at all past that. While I do understand the point being made, to each their own. Taking the normally "photographer hated" power towers away seems to flatten the image a bit. They give it a little more depth perspective in my opinion.

No anger, no animosity, no bad feelings ;) If I knew I was God of TPF and nobody would say anything about any alterations, I could post many more photos that I'm sure anybody would care to see. But, I'm not God of TPF and I was especting input. LaFoto is a great benifit to the forum. 'sall goot! errr, wait, I'm not from the south - heh.

Well, mine was only a suggestion, something I would have done.
Like you are saying: each their own. Photography is highly subjective. Like tastes! You just cannot discuss over personal preferences and likings.
I find the bright sky very distracting...

personally, i like your original post best. your composition is dead on! look forward to more of your work!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back