Changing my religion.

danalec99 said:
Digital Matt said:
I bought a card reader that reads any type of card for like $12,

I think thats the one I have.

I have heard that it is not good for the camera to be directly connected to the PC to download the pics. Is there any truth in it? If so, why?

Runs the battery down.

photogoddess said:
danalec99 said:
Digital Matt said:
I bought a card reader that reads any type of card for like $12,

I think thats the one I have.

I have heard that it is not good for the camera to be directly connected to the PC to download the pics. Is there any truth in it? If so, why?

Runs the battery down.

And if the battery gets low enough for the camera to go into shutdown when it's connected it can cause some real issues.

Spending under 20 bucks to keep more wear and tear off my camera is well worth it. I should have gotten a multi because I have two digital cameras now that use two sizes but I think I'm gonna pass my old one to my mom so I stuck with a dedicated one. Not sure why though :? Insanity, maybe- the numbness of my wallet...perhaps.

I got one of those Belkin multi card readers. Cheap as chips. I reckon I already saved the money in batteries. LOL... oh, and time.. what took 5 mins before now takes 5 seconds.

2Stupid2Duck said:
. LOL... oh, and time.. what took 5 mins before now takes 5 seconds.

Holy crap!!! I never thought the time uploading the picture would be cut. I've been so busy working on commission pieces(trying to get them finished so I can enjoy my new cam) that I haven't even hooked it up to my mac. Hell I haven't even filled up my card yet. It's sad I know but I'm just ssssssssoooo busy right now that when I get off at five I come straight home and get straight back to work- stopping only to eat and sleep.

Most reactions

Back