Changing the colour of something in a photo

Overread

hmm I recognise this place! And some of you!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yeah so in an attempt to save madness money and insanity I'm trying to show how different colours work on this woodwork. However whilst I can find the replace colourcommand it seems to only do a good job showing me what green varnish would look like. Trying to show a darker or lighter brown or cream or such seems beyond the hue's capacity to alter.

So anyone here able to have a bash at it or got a better method to change the colour of something?

9EujuTs.jpg

Anyone able to shed some light on this? I feel if I can't get something to show certain people in this household are going to take matters into their own (daft) hand with a paintbrush!

Anyone able to shed some light on this? I feel if I can't get something to show certain people in this household are going to take matters into their own (daft) hand with a paintbrush!
I've never done this by altering a photo, but what I usually do is find a scrap of similar wood and try the darker stain on it.

I've never done this by altering a photo, but what I usually do is find a scrap of similar wood and try the darker stain on it.
Me too, but for fun, here is a stab at the concept (I think):
colors.jpg

Thanks guys - sadly changing the shade isn't too tricky ,its more trying to show it as white or another cream colour that seems to be tricky. Or even trying to make it a different colour of brown (shade is one thing but different brown colour tricker).

I did 3 different color in 3D Lut Creator ( 3D LUT Creator - official site ). If you have better resolution of this pic I would make more variants
in the alpha channel is a fast mask, made in Photoshop, it was painted just on it:
1pic Aligning hues and brightness
i4ihNiOc3zA.jpg

K8MV9hsZEmo.jpg

9f6qSiBbQNg.jpg

3gfZAGF7APQ.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back