Changing times

Fangman

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Am I getting old? Technology is no problem to the young.

Three year old granddaughter told me yesterday she couldn't take my picture as her memory card had an error message. At least we are starting them young in photography, has her older brother's cast off and it is interesting to see images of the world taken at knee height all be it at some very odd angles. I had to wait until I was 7 or 8 before I had my first camera - 5x4 plate and introduced to the pleasures of developer and hypo by my father. Now - It's "Dad, can you download these for me!"

my first camera was when i was 7. on every picture in the bottom right hand corner was a picture of leonardo, i liked the teenage mutant ninja turtles, what can i say? :blulsh2:

my first camera was when i was 7. on every picture in the bottom right hand corner was a picture of leonardo, i liked the teenage mutant ninja turtles, what can i say? :blulsh2:

Omg!!!! I loved Donatello!!!!! Whenever me and the two neighbor boys would play, Tony was always Leo, Dane was always Michealangelo, and I was always Donatello. Poor Raph always had to be the one that was missing in action that we were on a mission to save. :p

....er....sorry for the hijack....back to your regular programming.

Yes, that is ridiculously true, my children have many conversations I never could have dreamed of as a child; fighting over whose user to log in as...etc

my first camera was also a 110, but i had to share it with my brother, which was fine. then, when i was like 10 or 11 i got a kodak discamera.

I bought my sister one of the fisher price camera's so dhe would stop trying to use mine.

she now likes to tell me how her camera is better.

&& she has an ipod. I was lucky to be aply to play with play-dough when i was her age.

I bought my sister one of the fisher price camera's so dhe would stop trying to use mine.

she now likes to tell me how her camera is better.

&& she has an ipod. I was lucky to be aply to play with play-dough when i was her age.
My 7 year old tells me how much better her camera and how much better she is at taking pictures then I am or my camera.

Well, her camera is a $600 camera (at the time) and mine is a $200 camera.

She doesn't have an ipod yet. She's too young for an ipod. Nor does she have a cell phone, too young again. I am surprised at how many other 1st graders do have cell phones though.

I have Deer Hunter for the computer. She wanted to play while I was doing something, so after I was done, I loaded it up. I told her that I wanted to play. She tells me she has the perfect spot to see lots of deer. I go there, I'm looking, I'm waiting.... She grabs the mouse from me, "No, you have to get this, this, and this in your backpack..." as she starts flailing around loading up the stuff in the backpack in milliseconds. "Then use the call...." makes the deer grunt call.... "they come right to you!" BAM, chchk, BAM, chchk, BAM, BAM, BAM, and within about 2 minutes of her grabbing the mouse, she bags about 6 deer.

I use to sit her on my lap and we played Blues Clues when she was 3. My put my other daughter on my lap when she was 3 to play Blues Clues. "NO! I DO IT!" she screams grabbing the mouse. Then she starts opening up the Blues Clues game, sets it up, and starts playing! She learned from the couple of months of just watching her older sister.

The youngest is now 4. She can get on the internet, go to whatever kid's site she wants, enters her user name and password for stuff like Webkinz.com all on her own. She logs in all of her new webkinz codes herself (they must have 75 of those dang webkinz between the 2 of them....)

Most reactions

Back