Maxx640

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My first picture on the forum :D :

Lost_faith_by_Maxx640.jpg

Olympus 35 RC, T-MAX 400 exposed at 1600 ASA, f16 - 1/500 sec

Generally its an interesting image but I would prefer to see it cropped some more to bring the attention directly to the building also theres some sort of artifact in the sky to the right thats bothering me..

Good shot. The grain works well. try lightening the sand in the foreground a bit

i like the grain maybe if the chruch was off to the left or right a little more but it is still a great shot

i like the grain maybe if the chruch was off to the left or right a little more....

*ding*

agreed. left and down would bring more focus and weight to the church. you really don't need all that space to the left and foreground; you need a touch more tension.

post this in the 'critique' forum and i'll gladly expound....

edit: this would make for a very nice lith print.

Hate to repeat, but the shot would be better in my opinion as well if it was just composed slightly differently. The grain, however, enhances the picture greatly.

Salut Maxx et bienvenue.

Well, comments on the composition have already been made. My opinioin,too, but there's nothing easier but to apply the scissors to the print ... or position the paper slightly different when making it in the darkroom.

That out of the way, I like la chapelle, its loneliness in what seems to be an endlessly empty countryside (which may as well stop being endless right outside your frame, but we don't know that, now do we?), and I like the sky.

And I would like to know if you scanned the negative, or if you made a print first in the darkroom and then scanned that print?

Hi,

Thank you all for this precious advice.

LaFoto >>> I have a classic A4 scanner, so I scanned the 10 x 15 cm print. That is the reason why the blacks aren't black. The flaw in the sky is my fault, I scratched the negative putting it in the tank...

I printed it again in 20 x 30 cm an put it in a frame, positionning the church further left and down: it does look better!

The endless countryside does carry on out the frame! The church is on the dunes and behind it is kilometers of forest.

I'll be glad to put this in the critique forum, it will help me progress. :thumbup:

Maxim,

Most reactions

New Topics

Back