Chappy

Discussion in 'The Professional Gallery' started by BedlamX, Nov 15, 2006.

1. BedlamX

BedlamX TPF Noob!

I posted this on another forum and I was looking for some more input please feel free to sugest anything I may be able to do better. Thanks

[​IMG]

2. Nurd

Nurd TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Shes such a cute kitty, and kinda looks like my own. I don't know but for me, a black and white picture has to have a lot of contrast. I think kitty looks fine, but the surroundings are kinda bland.

But this is a great photo. I like how shes centered and her pose gives her an innocent look.

3. newrmdmike

newrmdmike TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    reminescent of those portraits from the 40's i think, with the posture and where the cats looking.

tip: focus on the eyes, and remember you have 1/3 of the distance of acceptable focus in front of where you focus and 2/3's behind.

4. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Wow, cool focusing tip, Mike, for open aperture photos (such as a good many portraits or animal portraits) ... and yes, Bedlam, focus is just this tiny bit away from your cat's eyes, somewhere on the "eye-brow whiskers", I think ... It is a nice position and nice surroundings (I could never place my cat like that, should I say "Come on, lay down on this cloth" she'd just jump off and probably think "My human's just crazy!"). But I feel that the whites should be a tad whiter?

5. BedlamX

BedlamX TPF Noob!

Thanks for the responces: a couple of questions if ya dont mind. 1) How do I go about making the white on the cat brighter without making the blanket just as bright. 2) As far as the focusing on the eyes should this be done on human subjects as well?

6. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Yes.
    Or what my sister told me where to look when I focus on faces is not the tip of the nose but the "source" of the nose, i.e. that bow where it starts. Well, that is what she explained to me for the use of the Leica M5, but I think it applies in general.

The way this photos is exposed I doubt that you can make the white any whiter (of the cat's fur) without beginning to lose detail. You will want to keep the detail, so I think you best leave this photo as it is ... but others might be more versed in PS and know better!

7. newrmdmike

newrmdmike TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    if you want the fur brighter and the towel darker then get a darker towel, and spot meter off the fur almost 3 stops over.