Charlie And The Chocolate Factory

M

MDowdey

Ok, i know we had a movie thread, but i felt the need to say something about this movie...

IT WAS TERRIBLE

the things that made the first movie great were completely absent from the second, i dont give a crap if it was closer to the book, TIM BURTON IS A JOKE.

I liked the look of the movie the first time....when it was called BATMAN.

that is all.

md

I liked the look of the movie the first time....when it was called BATMAN.
bahahahahaha!!!!!!

See, I refuse to see it. It's been done, it was perfect, Tim Burton did not need to touch it. :thumbdown:

terri said:
bahahahahaha!!!!!!

See, I refuse to see it. It's been done, it was perfect, Tim Burton did not need to touch it. :thumbdown:

its all about money. what a waste.

Compared to the "original" movie its a mixed bag for me. If I took it as just another movie - not to be compared to the original then I liked it. I didn't see Depp's Wonka as comparing to Wilder's but I liked it as a seperate character. Wilder was just phenominal.

depps wonka was stupid. they made him out to be completely idiotic. I hold the first movie very close to my memories as a child, and depps wonka reminded me more of michael jackson than even willy wonka from the books.

MDowdey said:
prove me wrong.

Just the fact that Im rite proves that you are wrong. I rest my case. :greenpbl:

I guess for me I dont have that kind of "special bond" with the original movie. Im a huge Depp fan so thats kind of a vote swayer for me as well. I thought he did a great job. The first time I saw it I was a little dissapointed that they changed it so much from the original movie. But I love the movie as a movie in its self.

graigdavis said:
Just the fact that Im rite proves that you are wrong. I rest my case. :greenpbl:

bah...your just mad cause your state praises a nut.

MDowdey said:
bah...your just mad cause your state praises a nut.

A nut!? I thought it was these!

Buckeye-Candy.jpg

:drool2:

I couldn't stand Johnny's Wonka just from the previews and knew it would be horrible.

Whether right or wrong, you've definitely convinced me to wait for it to come out on cable ;) Didn't take much convincing though after seeing the previews.

malachite said:
Whether right or wrong, you've definitely convinced me to wait for it to come out on cable ;) Didn't take much convincing though after seeing the previews.
I agree...
I knew it would be bad just from the previews... Not to mention that they couldn't have made the original any better to start with! :)

Most reactions

Back