Charlie

woodsac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.around395.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Practice with Charlie. I actually dug him out for a more 'dark sided' photo that I have in mind :mrgreen: But thought I'd snap a couple with him in some dim light.

Hmmm...I'm looking at em right now while I'm posting, and I'm not happy :er: I tried to soften them up just a tad, and even thought it was just a tiny bit, I think it was too much? Oh well, nothing lost.

55870896-L.jpg

55870897-L.jpg

The first one is really, really creepy. In a way that only ventriliquest (sp?) dummies can be. And I mean that as a compliment.
As for the softness, maybe post the originals for comparison?

Actually, if this is creepy...at all...then that's great! Cause that's what I wanna use him for :D

Unfortunately, I saved the edit with the softness. But here's another quick edit without it. I think what it's missing is a little deeper dof...to get the other eye in focus?

55872356-L.jpg

OMG i havent seen taht puppet since iwas a little boy. my dad had that exact same charlie puppet. scared the **** out of me. its really trippy seeing that after all these years...

Dude im not even sure April would have that in her house!...... I love it, its difficult to decide between them but i think the first one maybe has a touch too much softness, just looking at the hair. So i'd probably go with the second, but its an awsome image, and the one with his hand in his mouth has now scard my mind for life!.....sweet:lmao:

Now I know why I recognised him, though I have never really seen or had a "Charlie" before. It is THE ventriloquist's dummy! It is!
You have one like these?

Of all the photos you are presenting us here, I find the last, the sharp, well contrasted edit best of all.
Two is a bit too soft, softens the creepy effect you are going for, also is the lighting in the other two better.

Makes me think if I couldn't/shouldn't do some lighting tests with "Klaus" one night, too? Someone even once found my harmless "Klaus" creepy... maybe that effect could be enhanced (doesn't do poor "Klaus" any justice, but then... he is just a doll, albeit one of 75 years of age..........)

Cool shot woodsac. It reminds me of one of the Twilight Zone episodes, I remember that face. He made the dude go crazy. I like the slight off focus and creepy tone. The longer I look at it, the creepier it gets. I definately wouldn't make this a Screen Saver. I'm outta here !

*insert long, evil laugh here*
Thanks for the great feedback. I'll keep playing before I try the final shots.

Most reactions

Back