Charming Lunenburg!

Antarctican

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Lunenburg, whose claim to fame is being the home of the schooner Bluenose (featured on the Canadian dime) is a beautiful and very colourful town in Nova Scotia. Here are a few pictures of some of the colourful buildings.
img9371pcrqo6.jpg

img9374pcrcy2.jpg

img9343pcrwn8.jpg

Thanks for looking.

love the first one!

Colour indeed...

It's been awhile since I saw an Anty thread. Maybe I'm just not as aware as I should be...;)

Oh - they sure all show an affinity to colours there, don't they?
I like all three of these very much, quite hard to name a favourite, the first and second are having severe fights of who is winning in my estimation!

"Lunenburg" ... makes me wonder if that name has any connection with the town of Lüneburg near to where I live (about 80 km from here), and where I plan to take you all for one day if/when you come. Maybe the first settlers of "your" Lunenburg came from "my" Lüneburg? "My" Lüneburg is very photogenic, too! You may already start looking forward to being taken there on one of the North-Germany-Meet-Up days! :D

i just dont think i could wake up in that town with a hangover :p

nice work anty :thumbup:;)

Woah colors indeed! I really like the 2nd, the reflection in the window is really something :)

Wow, thanks everyone for your comments and feedback!

Virtually every house was painted in 2 or 3 colours....waaaaay too much work, if you ask me. But it looks great. And I look forward to seeing the German counterpart, Lüneburg, next May.

Great shots Anty. Lunenburg is about 1-1/2 hours from my home here in Halifax and is always a great spot to capture a few seafaring shots as well. Since it is also not the home port of the Picton Castle - made semi-famous by the cheesy American reality show "Pirate Master".

LaPhoto, to answer your question, I'm sure the name likely does come from the Lunenburg in Germany as we have a very large German area with many small villages including New Berlin and New Germany as well. The entire south shore of Nova Scotia is rich in German culture as well as French and Polish. We are even about to celebrate Octoberfest! At least the sausages and beer part anyway! <G>

Most reactions

New Topics

Back