Chase Jarvis Ninja Shoot Video

Cool video!

Like Garbz, i also saw that on Strobist. gave me some neat ideas!

Thanks for the props, friends. I'm new to these parts and have just recently been stalking... already read some good nuggets here at tpf.

That was WAY fun! Thanks for sharing... even if you didn't actually post that link :)

(... thanks AdamZx3)

Welcome to the forum bro.

wow, didn't see that coming.

Hey welcome to the forum! That shoot looked like a blast!

if you guys haven't checked strobist yesterday they posted another behind the scenes video...which is how I found the ninja one :) I actually saw the ninja video posted in june but didn't get around to watching it....didn't know what I was missing lol.

http://strobist.blogspot.com/2007/08/chase-jarvis-behind-scenes.html

Chase do you have any more episodes of "ChaseJarvis RAW" on the backburner? I can't wait for the next one :)

That's pretty interesting.

That looks like one of those very high end cameras that they use alot for fashion shoots.
They have an insanely high mp count.
When I first saw one advertised while shopping for my 'entry level camera', I didn't know they made cameras with mp counts like that.

I had read something in Photoshop user mag about cameras that take a scan of the scene as opposed to how a standard digital sensor operates.
That the results had extremely good contrast, low noise, perfect color with resolutions of up to 8k, file sizes of 100MB and higher.
It described it by saying that it has an almost 3D look and amazing clarity.

These are pretty huge claims IMO.

I've never really looked into it though.
Anyone else hear stuff like this before?

Best I can find are the Hasselblads, but they're just really high end dSLR's.

Yep. Chase has a video up for the Hassleblad master series, and if I recall he was using one for the ninja shoot. Oh Hassleblad's aren't DSLRs, they are medium format cameras with digital backs. The sensors aren't any harder to produce because the pixels are actually larger than the average DSLR's, but they get a much lower yield out of a silicon wafer because of their shear size. Low yields means $15000 just for the back, not including the camera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back