Chasing a shy grasshopper not for 56k

tpe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.scientificillustration.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Taken with a sigma 105 plus a sigma 1.4x teleconverter plus a 2x kenko teleconverter and combinations thereof, sorry to dump so many pics but you know how it is when you get a new toy (the teleconverters) :). So i guess as some of them are quite a bit less than 1:1 its micro? shots?

locust1.jpg

locust8.jpg

locust2.jpg

4 (you can tell i am beginning to get teleconverter happy here :))
locust10.jpg

locust11.jpg

locust12.jpg

locust3.jpg

8 And the whole thing
locust4.jpg

Thanks for looking

tim

Dear me!
He forgot to SHAVE before the shooting!
My, he has a beard!

And I thought I got close to the grasshopper I once met when I still could go out rollerblading ... don't know if that thread is still working? Sure_is and you know it, you posted in it! :D

And now you definitely beat me in magnification of a grasshopper's face (and more)! Wow. But you did not take yours while on rollerblades, did you? So there :greenpbl:

:biggrin:

Actually i still think yours has much more character (this guy is sort of cute checking to see if i am trying to eat him though), its the eyes that do it, and the colour, I don't know what i was saying it was a katydid though, it is definatly a cricket with those wings. I think it is the laural and hardy of the insect world, old time stand up comic, just waiting to get on stage :) (whilst trying not to get run over by rollerblading photographers).

tim

Yuck!

Its the eyes that do it, and I've never been an insect fan. ;)

A small question, here fasettögon eller punktögon?

Men svenske er ikke vildt godt men er alle orthoptera ikke fasettögon (men hvorfor kenner du ord fra tusmorket som dette pa svenske, ahh 59.17n/18.3e :))? You can nearly see it in the highlight at leaast in the high res, they look like hexagons.

But what are those three points? I would be very interested to know. The one in the midel of the forhead just below the antenna and the ones by the eyes just above the antenna, could they be point eyes, they really look like some kind of sensory equipment?

locust16.jpg

tim

Thank GrfxGuru, i guess i should admit it, they are really just creepy, but i am sorry to admit i actually think pics 1-3 are cute :meh: , perhaps it is time to see someone about it. :lmao:

tim

Hej tpe, I checked out biology books yesterday and you are right, grasshoppers have compound eyes (oki, facetøje på dansk?). Are you a science researcher? Your illustration is a good one. :)

great pics.. i like them.... the one above just reminds me of the work of Giger... you know from the Alien movies... give it a strong B+W conversion and it would be there!! :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back