Chat

Overread

hmm I recognise this place! And some of you!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just two requests:

1) could we get a link to chat like there is on the portal page - on the main forum top bar. Would make more people notice that it exists as I think many just link right to the forum as opposed to the portal

2) would it be possible to get a notification bleep when people make a post in chat - would mean people could enter and leave it running in the background if it were empty and then get told when someone else starts talking in there (I know there is a new person bleep - but sometimes people sit in chat rooms and go quiet for a good while)

There used to be a link there . . . musta gotten lost in an upgrade somewhere.

I don't believe we have control over the chat software, however, it's IRC, so you can use other chat clients to access it. I used to use mIRC, and it was extremely customizable. Yes, you could make it beep when someone talked.

You just have to set it up for the channel, #thephotoforum, and the server . . . uh . . . it's been a while, and I'm not at home to check . . . freenode? I think it's freenode.

it still works ...

I can't get it to work on firefox (3) or IE (7), what's going on?
(it never connects to the server...)

Last edited:
I'm in chat just now, for anyone who's interested...
And Corry's name is, too, but no Corry ... or so it seems ... time for monologuing a bit...

I'm in chat just now, for anyone who's interested...
And Corry's name is, too, but no Corry ... or so it seems ... time for monologuing a bit...
I would join you, but I can't get it to work...lol.

For the time being, I'm just talking to myself. Try to make it work for you and join me (others, do too!), for I only know that many stories I still don't know about myself which I might find interesting to hear me tell me ... erm :er:

Nickserv keeps yelling at me to register my name first, then disconnects me from freenode, and yes my nick is registered and yes I tried to put my password in.

Whatever

for the people who can't get it to work.... maybe the rest of us don't want to talk to you ;-)

Nickserv keeps yelling at me to register my name first, then disconnects me from freenode, and yes my nick is registered and yes I tried to put my password in.

Whatever

I'm slightly IRC rusty, but I think after a certain amount of time you can lose your nick if you haven't used it, and someone else can register it. Perhaps that's what happened?

I could have that wrong, but I think I remember something like that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back