Chat

bace said:
See...attention. Much better.

I like insulting myself. It makes people laugh.

I like to make people laugh.

I suck at making them laugh with me, so atleast this way I still get people to laugh.

I do the same thing :(

Bace your so great...wow its amazing just knowing you...I bow to your greatness...THERES your attention!

My god guys, talk about hijacking a thread! Only two out of the 16 posts so far have been about this idea for having a TPF chat. So maybe with some luck and prayer, I can push this thread back to a discussion of starting up something like an IRC chat. What does everyone think? Besides bace?

Seriously, we did have an IRC channel and during the winter months it was pretty busy. We had a lot of fun in there. It just kinda died off after awhile.

What's the level of interest? Anyone?

(Not you, Bace, we know this would water down direct posts to you hon.) ;)

Plus, I don't know how to use IRC.

MSN has a chat thing that you can start. Used it on another forum.

Don't feel like looking up the details.

Just cause I don't like chat.

I don't like TPF, so I doubt I'd spend time in a chat room dedicated to it. :greenpbl: :greenpbl:

I think it's a great idea.
I already talk to a few people on things like yahoo and msn but it'd be a nice way to get to know more people.

I'm like most other 'normal' people too... I have no idea how to use IRC. I've tried a bunch of times, but I just don't get how you're supposed to log on. :confused:

IRC has gone a bit crap these days with the advent of MSN and Yahoo's chats. It's pretty quick though when it works.

The main issue with chat is the timezones really - there will be peak hours, but most people will probably miss most chats of interest cos they're asleep or working or whatever - with a forum eveyone can read what you've said when they like and the best stuff usually draws the most comments.

Just thinking out loud...

Rob

Last year when we were planning the TPF Joshua Tree trip, several of us got on MSN chat. Maybe 7 or 8 of us and Holy Crap that was funny!!! You think thread hijacking is bad in here... try chatting with that many members at once. SO many puns and innuendos and to be honest, I'm surprised we actually got that trip planned at all. :lol:

What if we just got a java applet. That chat is so much easier to utilize, you just put in a name and you're in. That's got my vote =) I personally don't want to hassle with IRC, it annoys me.

terri said:
See, I was going to jump the gun and insult you by making that very comment - but it's so much more rewarding when you do it yourself. :thumbup:

How about "TPF attention whore" for your next title? Would you like that, muffin? :)
terri, I am soooooo hurt. You called him muffin???? How could you do that to me????? I thought I was your muffin... I see now, you're the type of woman to just call everyone muffin. :banghead: I now see I have the appropriate title :angry1:

kelox said:
terri, I am soooooo hurt. You called him muffin???? How could you do that to me????? I thought I was your muffin... I see now, you're the type of woman to just call everyone muffin. :banghead: I now see I have the appropriate title :angry1:
But you still like your title.....don't you, muffin? :sexywink:

You guys are missing the point. This is the thread where people can talk about stuff of any description. If you want posts on a specific theme then make a new post but for general chit chat post in here.

Most reactions

Back