Cheap 2nd hand enlarger?

Oronare

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hey all,

I am looking for a cheap 2nd hand B/W enlarger but I am not sure where to look/what to look for! I found one 2nd hand site which had them ranging from £60-£900 but I wasn't sure what to look for.

I could probably stretch to £100 for it which isn't much I know, but it only needs to be a basic B/W one with a lens, so, hopefully.

Would like to stay away from ebay if possible, but I have all the rest of the kit; tanks/trays/thermometer/tongs/etc and this is the last piece of the puzzle.

help please! :)

Sorry if I'm of no use, but when I read the title of the thread, for some reason it came across to me like you already have one Hand Enlarger, and are looking for a second one. I think I need to go to the doctor.

I say keep looking. Not sure EXACTLY how it converts, but I got my enlarger, WITH lens, at a thrift store for $15. Still works perfectly. Only drawback is that it is 35mm only, and while I do shoot a lot of 35, I also shoot 120 and 4x5.

what is your location?

there are a lot of enlargers going for "peanuts" these days.

but without knowning your location it is hard to answer as equipment available in the US may be different than the UK, and since you used the pound as a measure of cost i am going to assume the UK.

i would try some local school that offer photography classes, maybe there might be some that are retiring their old enlargers

Most reactions

Back