Cheap Equipment...

cactus waltz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I' hear a lot that the magic is in the photographer, and not the camera. So.. Do you guys have any interesting/fascinating/great shots taken with cheap equipment?

When I say cheap, I mean like Game Boy Cameras, photo booths, disposables, cellphone cameras. That sort of stuff.

I mostely use my camera phone for family quick shots or when something weird comes up but here are a few that are not terrible.
pic01.jpg
pic02.jpg

pic03.jpg
pic04.jpg

I really don't much care for these but I guess there was a little something about each that appealed to me. Hmm? I think these were all taken the same day.

I like 2, 3 and 4 tmpadmin. They look great. They look like they were taken in the 50's.
And great gratuitous clevage shot Core. :lol:

Do four year old £50 second hand digital cameras count as cheap? If so, I've got loads that I could post. :mrgreen:

I've posted this before, but this is from my camera phone...my two favorite beings on earth...my kitty and my honey! :)

Erik_and_kitty.jpg

I took this with a camera I got at a 99 cent only store. The film and the camera combined cost me $1.98US There was no flash, it had a crank wind just like the disposables......it was definately cheap equipment. I was testing one out to see if they did any good for the table cameras at a wedding. Needless to say they didn't pass the test, but this is 2 years old.

300892-R1-4A.jpg

I haven't seen a theme for this so Im gonna start one. These are from an old wallet sized Radio Shack digital. Crappy camera but fun photos. they are also PS-free, just resized for web friendly :D

webchp3.jpg

these two are from a moving car.
webchp2.jpg

webchp1.jpg

not radio shack caliber, but a canon a80

the a85s have dipped into the 200 dollar range for a while now *_*

shortys.jpg

ucsdnitestairs.jpg

ps7 used to resize and crop only

Hey TTGM those barrels kick much booty!!!! actually all of these are much to good to be listed in this thread...take them away!! :D j/k

Here's a camera phone pic I took the other day. I always love the way the lights hit the grain bins in the late afternoon. I really need to get a decent pic with my good camera.

silosEDIT.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back