Cheap Fisheyes

Protean

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.invokeit.deviantart.com
has anyone here had any experience with the Peleng 8mm 3.5 fisheye lens, or the Zenitar 16mm 2.8 fisheye lens? if you haven't heard of either of these just google em, they're actally really interesting (imo). and i was just wondering how much you guys paid for them and where you got them from, and if you have any comments on them in general

feel free to post any opinions here, or if you know of any other "cheep" fisheyes, with or without mounts like this

Maybe I misspoke... I have played with it, but I haven't gotten anything out of it that I've been super impressed with, or had time to compose to my liking....yet...

Mind you, these are just goofing around mostly...

IMG_4319.jpg

IMG_5166.jpg

cool, thanks

something i don't get about those lenses is they both claim 180 degree view, but ones 16mm and the other is 6... and the 6 obviously has wider view...

I've p[osted a few pics with the 16MM Zenit rectilinear fisheye.

In appearance it's a virtual Nikon clone. Opticly it is close but not quite there. A little soft wide open and at the very edges. OTOH it's $99.00 and not $900.00!

LWW

Nikon F4s.

I've wodered about both being a fisheye with 180 degree views but different focal lengths.

I assume it is somehow because the 16MM is a re ctilinear fisheye, or IOW it gives you a full frame fisheye instead of a circle.

LWW

BTW you reallllly need to play with the setup before clicking the shutter. Moving the lens a few degrees in any direction can dramaticly change the shot.

I wish there was an el cheapo digital variant available.

LWW

what doy ou mean by didgital varient, and im really thinking about getting this lens, (the 16) i'll prob do it in about a month or 2 for when i can talk my parents into it (i'll be paying though), the prob. is its not going to be much wider than my 18mm, and im not sure how much "fisheyness" is going to be caught with the croppage of dslr... could always use it on a nikkormat im borrowing, but the meter in taht is hosed

Most reactions

New Topics

Back