Cheap $$ homemade fisheye mod

ocular

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I don't have $900 for a fisheye so I thought I'd spend $20 at home depot haha :D

glory1.jpg

glory2.jpg

glory3.jpg

[FONT=&quot]My gf was waiting for a pickup so I checked on her through my peephole and wow the light was just coming down perfectly, and omg I bet I could capture that if I exposed right and it looked freakin awesome. So next day I went to home depot and bought myself a peephole for about $6 .Then I bought a board of corning for $6. Finally I purchased a roll of duck/duct tape for $7. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Tools you'll require. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Box cutters[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hot glue gun or acrylic caulk (used in sealing cracks) [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ruler[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Marker[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] I cut and snapped the corning down to my lens size. I have a tamron 17-55mm, so I outlined it with a sharpie and cut it out with a box cutter. Here's the important part, I aligned the peephole in the middle with the ruler horizontal and vertically. Placed the peephole in and secured it with hot glue, but if u have caulk laying around it'll do too. I secured my mod with duck tape just on the end of the lens, so I could still focus. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The corning does not scratch; I've tested this for two days.[/FONT]
Back
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
pink1.jpg
[/FONT]
Side
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
pink2.jpg
[/FONT]
Front
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
pink3.jpg
[/FONT]

Last edited:
Ok I'm interested. How did you build it. And yes please post bigger pics or perhaps crop out all the vignette so we can get a better look at the results.

Larger images posted.

i like it. Post some pics of what it looks like

i saw what i believe to be what he;s using...a door peephole thingy (that;s the official name of it lol)

it's posted somewhere on instructables.com

Huhhhhhhhh? ya if you want to see your pictures using a magnifying glass all the time...

you mean the FISHEYE effect?:lol:

please post a photo of the lens.. i want to see what you've done..

Thanks guys, ya it's alot of fun. :D

here's another pic, I've circularly cropped it.

black.jpg

Or you can spend $600-700 gor photoshop then put your image into it then go to filter > distort > spherize and get a HR version :)
or you can go to Filter>liquify>bloat tool make your brush giant, hold in for about 0.5 seconds

but i like your idea very creative.. but i would try get a larger spy hole :)
Ohmymy...

Kids, if you want to do something Cool!!
Buy a spy hole, A drill then a drill bit (the size of your spy hole)
drill a hole in your gym changing room into the girls changing room and have all the vieiwng pleasure you need :p

NOTE: ALL INFORMATION IS THIS POST IS FOR EDUCATIONAL USE ONLY USE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION, AUTHOUR CANNOT BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE :p

Thanks for the comments. Anyhoo, here's another picture with my fisheye mod, turned out pretty good.

bigbutts.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back