Cheap lighting equipment?

Two words. Alien Bees.

Start small and build up as you can afford it. Studio lighting is an investment and you'll get what you pay for.

To shed a little insight (if I may). I am working on my portrait photography right now and I am currently using 2 28"x20" softboxes. Each soft box has 5 bulbs in it which can be lit individually. Each bulb is a 45W daylight bulb. Furthermore I am also using my FL50R flash. TO be honest, I am looking for MORE light yet. I have to get these darn softboxes right up close to the subject which isn't such a big deal but it pretty much limits my shots to single person portraits and not group shots!

Just something to think about...
Cheers!
- Dan

I am going to get a few of the vivitars for my on the go band promos and portraits. They work pretty darn well for their price. For band shots, often a soft box placed high right in front of the band works if there is available light from the sun. But 2 or 3 flashes will cover almost everything u will need for a while as you learn. But if you plan to shoot live shows, a sb600 is something you will want.
Im still a newbie, so I could be wrong tho lol

Way for everyone to spoil my hopes and dreams. :(
I thought I found a bargain! Ahaha.

Speaking of cheep lighting, I have been researching DIY strobes. Not a lot of info out there but it's an option.

There was a book at borders about it. I was gonna try it lol. But in the end, I would probably not be happy with diy stuff

Try diyphotography.net and do a search. That was the site I started at.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back