CHEAP small photo "studio" cube

Hooker771

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I actually have one very very similar. I worked with it for a day or two, but have abandoned it. The lights supplied with mine (these look nearly identical) were not bright enough to make a difference. My box is very small, making positioning and adjusting tedious... this box is a bit larger.

I'm looking to build my own out of PVC and rip-stop.
My personal .02 is to make your own, and it probably would cost less!
HTH

Yes, make your own. I'm sure you could make something that works for you 10 times better for half the price.

Just for fun once I took a decent size cardboard box and cut squares out the sides and taped tissue paper over the holes. It worked great and I lighted it w/ my alien bees. I just used it for a couple of shots as I wanted to try my hand at product shots. It served its purpose. I think you could make a decent one out of some pvc 1/2" pvc tubing and some sheer fabric for little of nothing and about 1/2 hour of time. There's not much to it.

I built one. I used cake boards from Wallyworld for the top, bottom, back and sides. It was $3.50 for 6 sheets. White on one side, brown on the other. I used parchment paper for the windows. White duct tape to seam everything together and 2 500 watt halagon shop lights. Here is a shot of the box... it's quick and not very pretty. Ohh, there is also the glass from a $2 8/10 picture frame but I've not really used that yet.
24104_1278112285934_1623830723_635639_3414498_n.jpg

And a shot of our wedding cake topper. It's not perfect and I need to work on the exposure a little.
24104_1278092405437_1623830723_635610_5103240_n.jpg

Yes, the DYI boxes are much better. At least in size and lightning.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back