Cheap tripod for studio videography

dredgy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone,

I've got a decent camera rig now, but unfortunately it's too heavy (and the Center of gravity too lopsided) for my tripod to keep up.

My budget is about $250AUD and I need tripods that are available in Australia.

Main requirement is that the tripod head can take 8kg (most of it off centre), though handle grips would be great too, though I'll buy those separately if I must.

What goes on to my rig:
Canon EOS 550D + Lens
prompt-it maxi TelePrompTer
iPad 4
10.9" Android Tablet as viewfinder
Clamp to attach the Android Tablet to the rig
The rig kit itself (lanparte): Lanparte LPT Rig Kit

Pretty much everything is off centre, so the whole rig drops like a rock at the moment, I can move the camera back a bit, but it obstructs the ball level.

Tripods I've seen that look awesome:
Davis & Sanford Provista 7518 Tripod with FM18 Head

But unfortunately not available in Autralia, so alternatives needed.

If I can do this without replacing the tripod (e.g counterweight system, or different mounting point for rig kit) that'd be great, but the tripod is currently about 500g overweight.

Thanks
Josh

Last edited:
He did say "about" $250... and besides there was one listed right below it for $219, so stick that in your pipe and smoke it! :801:

The link is for a single ebay auction.

Any listings 'below it' will be based on each persons ebay browsing history. So I don't see the same listings 'below it' as you do.

Need a light?
smoking.gif

Did look on ebay and did disregard, as it will take closer to a month to arrive rather than 2 days,min addition to being over budget.

Thanks though :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back