Cheap tripod? :)

TheFapR

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey! Got my first DSLR (D3200 with 18-55 kit lens) yesterday and went out trying to learn me how to use different setting which is really ****ing hard, atleast for a beginner like me! Now to my real problem.. I need a tripod that i can position where i want the camera to point at.. Now in the start i will take some photos of the starskies, so i dont want the stars to be blury (see pic below).. I will use a 10 second timer to get away and then the camera will take the shot with a long exposure. The 'tripod' i have now is a fixed head so if i wanna have the camera point upwards or downwards i have to have 2 long legs in the front and 1 short on the back so it points upwards.. If i do that it falls over so i have to hold it up which is annoying af..!

100$ MAX

This pic is a test shot taken from my backyard, tell me what i have to change in the settings and so on because im a noob.. (The tripod made the stars look out of position)..

Exposure: 30 seconds.. Aperture: 3.5 18 millimeter. Dont remember the iso!..

Attachments

• foi.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 147
Last edited by a moderator:
Look for something used for that price. I think you see that a cheap tripod is not the way to go. Used is the only way to get something that will be sturdy.

You could also consider getting a different head for your current tripod. Vanguard makes some good ball heads for less than $100. Those will allow you to tilt the camera up without having the worry of it falling over.

I was not aware that some tripods have a fixed head. What kind of tripod do you have?

Going Cheap on a tripod is not the way to go.Legs are flimsy and there to light and will tumble over with the slightest breeze.I had a cheap one I gave away,I would not have trusted it with a pocket camera on it.. My Canon 6D with my sig 150-500 on it would have crumbled it. By used or save up is my suggestion. I might have to invest in one my self now the my wifi is set up on my smart phone,works like a charm.

Last edited:
But i dont understand :( Will it swivel if i dont even touch the camera or what ;)

Here's a new pic i took

Attachments

• mihhh.jpg
    mihhh.jpg
    271.1 KB · Views: 136
Like others have said don't get a cheap tripod or you will be one replacing your camera when it falls or two not getting worth while photos. Look at something like the Manfrotto MK294 with ball head

And not a bad start with the photos.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back