Cheap vs. Expensive

kotte

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've been looking for a Nikon D50 for some time now.
The prices I've found have ranged between $800 - $1000 (internet prices in Sweden).
Just now I found the camera on amazon.com for $600!

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BWE4TK/ref=dp_variations_1/002-6456101-7056007?%5Fencoding=UTF8[/ame]

Sure it would feel better to by it somewhere around closer but seriously, tell me...why should I not get it from amazon.com?

Thanks!

Looks like Ritz camera has it for about $600 as well. The price on the extended warranty is pretty good but I did not look at details.

I do not know if there are any rasmifications of buying a US camera in Europe but assuming that will cause you no trouble then I would say do it.

Be careful with the Amazon one--make SURE that it is DIRECTLY from Amazon, it should say somewhere on the page. Amazon lists grey market stuff for other users, and sometimes they do it so smoothly that you have no idea you've gone off their site. Many of the discount stores have HORRIBLE reputations for fraud, bait and switch, and flat out stealing from customers.

Ritz I would feel much more comfortable with since they haven't listed other merchants, from what I've seen.

Usually the best 'legitimate' prices are from either of the two sites linked at the bottom of the page. Adorama or B&H. Very good reputation from both.

Plus, if you click on the link from this site when you buy it...it helps the forum.

Most reactions

Back