Cheap wireless flash triggers for Nikon

SCaswell

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all!

I am looking for a cheap set of slaves for my Nikon (with Nissin Di866 flash). I am at the point where I know what they are, how they work, and what I want them to do, but I have no idea what to start looking for. I know that if I go into a local photo shop, they will probably take advantage of my noob-ness. I'm not looking for them to communicate extraordinary distances, just enough so that I can photograph someone from the front and have them lit from the side, etc.

But I'm also on a budget, so if anyone knows any ebay hot spots or generic names I could look into that would be great!

Thanks in advance!

Sarah

Awesome! Thanks all!

The absolute cheapest solution are optical triggers like this one, they cost only a few dollars each and are triggered by other flashes:

504010-g.jpg

The absolute cheapest solution are optical triggers like this one, they cost only a few dollars each and are triggered by other flashes:

Peanut slaves are great when you know you can get them into a position where they'll receive lots of light. Other than that, they're highly temperamental.

Most reactions

Back